Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Console Illumination
Footsill Illumination

I am planning on installing these today. What is the average time from start to completion? Not sure how to plan my day :)
Sponsored

Hughie1033

Another day in paradise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Console Illumination
Footsill Illumination

I am planning on installing these today. What is the average time from start to completion? Not sure how to plan my day :)
I have one of the kits & after reading the instructions i'd be leaving 3-4 hours.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that was my impression, though now that it is underway, I would say 2ish. Taking me longer as I an trying to run a mute/alert button for my radar detector to the black next to the shifter at the same time.

Hughie1033

Another day in paradise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that was my impression, though now that it is underway, I would say 2ish. Taking me longer as I an trying to run a mute/alert button for my radar detector to the black next to the shifter at the same time.
Let me know how it goes, some pic woulb be good , will do mine some time this summer hopefully.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
it took me about 2 hours to install both kits, relatively straightforward

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, about 1.5 hours each.

I got way delayed by running a mute button for my radar detector... aaaaaand proceeded short out my hardwire box and/or my radar detector. Will test the detector tonight once I find my cigarette lighter cable for it. Facepalm. I got to aggressive with my hardwire setup. Another lesson learned.... the hard way.

Honda Civic 10th gen Average self-install time for console and footsill illumination 20190525_204435

Honda Civic 10th gen Average self-install time for console and footsill illumination 20190525_204443

Honda Civic 10th gen Average self-install time for console and footsill illumination 20190525_204423

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so I tested my R3 with the lighter cable, still works. Whew. Now I need to spend some time figuring out why my modification to the official hardwire breakout box did not work.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One last note, the illumination mods are much more difficult to install if you have already stuffed your dash with other non EOM electronics modifications.... I have 2 relays, a 6 inline fuse block, a harness from the dash for 9 led spst switches, a hidden odb2 splitter, 3 odb2 devices, 3 accessory hardwires, a couple usb cables, etc etc etc.

My suggestion? Do the OEM mods before you stuff your dash like a Christmas Turkey with custom shit.
Sponsored