jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Im sorry, but this might be the stupidest list i've ever seen. Their logic is a Type R is better than a Z06 because its more "usable". So going by that, I guess a Honda Odyssey is better because its more "usable", right? Lol what a joke, its almost like they were looking for the dumbest reasons to give the Type R a one up. Dont get me wrong, I have mad respect for the car but this list is just a joke.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Im sorry, but this might be the stupidest list i've ever seen. Their logic is a Type R is better than a Z06 because its more "usable". So going by that, I guess a Honda Odyssey is better because its more "usable", right? Lol what a joke, its almost like they were looking for the dumbest reasons to give the Type R a one up. Dont get me wrong, I have mad respect for the car but this list is just a joke.
This x10000.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is a bit of a joke but no, they're not simply comparing practicality. They're subjectively comparing driving feel, practicality, and so forth against the cars in the list. It's not that the CTR is "better than" car X, just that this particular person apparently enjoyed driving the CTR as much or more than these very expensive machines.

Read the Ford GT comparison to see what I mean. He says it's an amazing car but it's a forgettable driving experience. No one would claim the R to be faster than anything on the list but then, that's not the point (neither is storage capacity.)

It was a fun read, but it really doesn't actually mean much.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
And yet the author is a pretty well known automotive editor. I think what he was trying to imply was that the Type R for what you pay offers the highest dollar to functionality/fun ratio. But yeah like the poster above says, the article is somewhat tongue in cheek.

Look, no one in their right mind is taking a Type R over a Lamborghini. But it is amazing that the Type R is as good as it is for the price.

Last edited:

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Complete click bait. Putting the Type R over a 911 because of the price tag is a completely useless argument.

Pretty sure most people wouldn't even look at a Type R if they were going to spend over $100k on a car

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
It is a bit of a joke but no, they're not simply comparing practicality. They're subjectively comparing driving feel, practicality, and so forth against the cars in the list. It's not that the CTR is "better than" car X, just that this particular person apparently enjoyed driving the CTR as much or more than these very expensive machines.

Read the Ford GT comparison to see what I mean. He says it's an amazing car but it's a forgettable driving experience. No one would claim the R to be faster than anything on the list but then, that's not the point (neither is storage capacity.)

It was a fun read, but it really doesn't actually mean much.
And yet the author is a pretty well known automotive editor. I think what he was trying to imply was that the Type R for what you pay offers the highest dollar to functionality/fun ratio. But yeah like the poster above says, the article is somewhat tongue in cheek.

Look, no one in their right mind is taking a Type R over a Lamborghini. But it is amazing that the Type R is as good as it is for the price.

I guess you gotta take the article with a really large pinch of salt. I get that the Type R can be just as fun as cars much more expensive, but the article literally communicated that in the worst way possible and made all of the wrong points to support his stance. It got to a point where it sounded like someone making excuses for why the R is a better buy than these supercars rather than just appreciating the Type R for what it is and what it was intended for. There were too many points on that post that were either factually wrong or just plain idiotic.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
The writer of that article was trying to make a point about the complete Type R package - world class driving feel plus practical plus inexpensive, both to buy and to run. Sorry some of you are having trouble with the concept of a "sweet spot." I feel like some of you are misunderstanding what "better" can mean - he made no claims that the Type R is faster or more luxurious.

And the only way I would take a Lambo over a Type R is if maintenance, insurance and wear items were covered. And a 2nd car with actual trunk space. Otherwise, forget it - I use and love my Type R daily.

Last edited:

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
The writer of that article was trying to make a point about the complete Type R package - world class driving feel plus practical plus inexpensive, both to buy and to run. Sorry some of you are having trouble with the concept of a "sweet spot." I feel like some of you are misunderstanding what "better" can mean - he made no claims that the Type R is faster or more luxurious.

And the only way I would take a Lambo over a Type R is if maintenance, insurance and wear items were covered. And a 2nd car with actual trunk space. Otherwise, forget it - I use and love my Type R daily.
Thanks, now I don't have to say that. Only other reason to have the Lambo would be if I had Jay Leno money, of course, then I would have both!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i love my car but some people make it sound like this car is the best thing ever.
T I feel like some of you are misunderstanding what "better" can mean - he made no claims that the Type R is faster or more luxurious.
or that everyone has a different meaning of what "better" means

Morning Mahogany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R
Country flag
I see the authors point...If a fwd grocery getter can do so much with so little then those shameful high-end automakers really need to step up their game in the performance category.