Auto show questions

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
ill bebheading up to Dayton auto show thurs and probing the Honda rep for the 2020 info. If you want me to ask anything specific just post here and I’ll do my best to get an answer from them. I will be asking for the CTR info if they have any.
Sponsored

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Don't get your hopes up, very little, if any, info about the 2020 has been distributed outside of sales (national level), design and manufacturing at this point. Nor should it be disclosed to the public if they do know anything. Too soon right now. I'd expect August timing for press release as was with the 2019.

If they do disclose anything, it's likely speculation and I wouldn't take it as worth much.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Many of the "Reps" know little about the cars. They are given some press release info to memorize and not much else. Most members of this site know more about the current and upcoming cars than the auto show manufacturer representatives. I know because I was one of these people and was amazed at the lack of information given (and the lack of knowledge by my counterparts).

Enjoy the show, but don't expect to get any insider info. And there is a very good chance that you will be given the wrong info even about a car that is currently in production.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Also consider some of the smaller shows are really put on by a local dealer association, vs the actual manufacturer presenting their product. LA, Detroit, Chicago and NY traditionally are the major US shows with factory support.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
What time you plan on going? I wouldn't mind going too... I went last year and was a bit underwhelmed but it is Dayton.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also consider some of the smaller shows are really put on by a local dealer association, vs the actual manufacturer presenting their product. LA, Detroit, Chicago and NY traditionally are the major US shows with factory support.
No this is major one. Ferrari will be their. Nearly every manufacturer except lambo and Bugatti and a couple other exotics will be their including Ferrari and Porsche. This is the same one that was held in Detroit.
What time you plan on going? I wouldn't mind going too... I went last year and was a bit underwhelmed but it is Dayton.
up in the air for thurs but probably around 5 or 6. Fri will probably be around 6 if I can my dad to go.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
5 or 6 would work for me. I didn't know this one was a major one!
Well I just looked up the manufactures again to verify and it will be all major car companies but it looks like Ferrari backed out because they are no longer on the list. I’m sad that would’ve definitely been worth it. Porsche is still coming so Imma check out their new cars

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
5 or 6 would work for me. I didn't know this one was a major one!
It could be the same one you went to last year. But I wanna see if Toyota is gonna show the supra