John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Just messing with this option turned it on in the radio

it is so cool just to walk up to your car and unlock all doors or you can choose just to unlock the drivers door. I choose to unlock all doors. I did an experiment by leaving the key fob anywhere in the car , i.e. in the trunk or in the backseat then manually locking the doors. It is pretty funny i locked the door then shut the door and it unlocks it lol

Wow This is a great feature. Now the question is what if you need to lock your door with the fob in the car lol. Make sure you turn off this feature if you see someone about to GTA your ass
Sponsored

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
That's to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. All cars with a smart key have this. You can still lock your doors once you're inside using the interior lock button like any other car if the ignition is on.

icuucme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ext
Country flag
Wow This is a great feature. Now the question is what if you need to lock your door with the fob in the car lol. Make sure you turn off this feature if you see someone about to GTA your ass
You can still lock your door while driving with that feature on

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's awesome until you've been home for a few hours, threw on comfy clothes, and forgot you left something in the car and have to make two trips - the second with your keys - to retrieve what you forgot.

Also, while washing your car, the locks go nuts as you move away/toward the car. Maybe I'll just leave them in the car for the next wash...

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
It's awesome until you've been home for a few hours, threw on comfy clothes, and forgot you left something in the car and have to make two trips - the second with your keys - to retrieve what you forgot.

Also, while washing your car, the locks go nuts as you move away/toward the car. Maybe I'll just leave them in the car for the next wash...
Yeah i was thinking the same thing ,i dont mind having it auto lock in the garage ,
i am also concerned about the auto lock at 30mph, i might turn that off, i can see that wearing out the locking mechnisms

now if we could hack the radio to turn off the seatbelt warning noise that is U.S. Law.
There is several secret menus in the radio with settings, no one as yet to do a full write up on what they do

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Yep, I just leave the fob in the car as I wash, easy peasy.
Experienced the constant unlocking during my first wash and have left my keys in the car ever since. Can’t imagine not using the auto lock feature tho. You really never have to touch your key fob anymore from time you get to your car til the time you leave it. Just remember to take it out of your pockets before you do laundry

Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I've never had a problem with the locks when washing my car. It just locks and it stays locked until I'm done. It'll only unlock if I put my hand in the door handle.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The walk away feature is awesome. They can keep all the horsepower, the handling, the braking, whatever. I love the auto-locking feature.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
i am also concerned about the auto lock at 30mph, i might turn that off, i can see that wearing out the locking mechnisms
Don't worry. Cars have been doing that for over a decade.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
The walk away feature is awesome. They can keep all the horsepower, the handling, the braking, whatever. I love the auto-locking feature.
lol you are funny guy

hey i cant believe how much Honda puts into being able to customize every technology options the car has within the head unit. I changed the touch sensitivity to high and my auto headlight feature to low to keep my car stealthy as possible. We had a heavy overcast/clouds today and they did not come on which is what i like!

Also we own a 2017 ford escape titanium and you cant customize CRAP within the best ford touchscreen. So yeah honda tech is great for what you get,

i just do not like how the new accords got the quick charge usb port and we are still stuck with slow charging. maybe 2019 CTR will get it who knows, and i also want auto fold in mirrors

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Don't worry. Cars have been doing that for over a decade.
i might turn it off since i have no kids and i dont live in the ghetto
the motors do wear out eventually around the 9-10th year mark "my car was only 7 years old",especially if you live in an area with dust storms. I know i had my accord in el paso texas for 2 years and when i got inside my door to fix the door lock motor, it was full of sand , dust and small dirt particles do find its way into the doors. The first warning sign is it will lock slowly or wont lock at all. Since i had the coupe i only had two doors to worry about now this thing has 4 doors so expect a 350.00 repair bill from each door if you go to the dealer or 50-60 bucks DIY

when it comes time to fix i will just follow a hatchback youtube video to take off the door panels

Last edited:

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
when it comes time to fix i will just follow a hatchback youtube video to take off the door panels
It's not a hard job, but I do have a legitimate piece of advice here. Get a really nice screwdriver to unscrew the bolts that hold the lock mechanism to the door! I'm not joking!

When I worked as a tech at Honda, I was replacing a actuator and had to remove the latch. I was strugglebussing all over the place, getting pretty frustrated and starting to strip the head of the screw with the cheap tools I had since I was still pretty new. Another tech suggested I borrow his screwdriver, saying it would come right out. I thought he was full of it. Finally I tried it, and just like he said, the screw came right out, like butter, it was incredible. The tool truck was there by coincidence, and I ran over and bought the lot. You can get them on eBay or Amazon, but I just pull over if I ever see a Matco truck at a shop somewhere. They make a big deal about the handle blah blah, but the real difference is the really nicely machined tip. Expect to pay $30+, but expect your life to change.

Honda Civic 10th gen Auto Lock Walk away feature turned on is awsome IMG_20180728_100123449

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It's not a hard job, but I do have a legitimate piece of advice here. Get a really nice screwdriver to unscrew the bolts that hold the lock mechanism to the door! I'm not joking!

When I worked as a tech at Honda, I was replacing a actuator and had to remove the latch. I was strugglebussing all over the place, getting pretty frustrated and starting to strip the head of the screw with the cheap tools I had since I was still pretty new. Another tech suggested I borrow his screwdriver, saying it would come right out. I thought he was full of it. Finally I tried it, and just like he said, the screw came right out, like butter, it was incredible. The tool truck was there by coincidence, and I ran over and bought the lot. You can get them on eBay or Amazon, but I just pull over if I ever see a Matco truck at a shop somewhere. They make a big deal about the handle blah blah, but the real difference is the really nicely machined tip. Expect to pay $30+, but expect your life to change.

IMG_20180728_100123449.jpg

Interesting, i have a ton of screw drivers but those tips in the picture look different almost and more precise at the tip vs a cheaper screw driver

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Interesting, i have a ton of screw drivers but those tips in the picture look different almost and more precise at the tip vs a cheaper screw driver
There's a thread somewhere here about a Japanese screw head similar to Phillips (I think), but different enough that a Phillips will bugger it up.
Sponsored