Aussie Civic owners

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Have you tried out the dual tune for the Ktuner? I like the idea of having a special mode I can go in and yet keep the standard tune stored for daily driving.
Nope. Have been intrigued but now that I am used to the full beans, it's hard to live with anything less. I remember when I went back to the factory tune before servicing, dreaded driving the car.
Sponsored

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. Have been intrigued but now that I am used to the full beans, it's hard to live with anything less. I remember when I went back to the factory tune before servicing, dreaded driving the car.
hahaha, I feel like the same thing would happen to me and I'd never go back to stock.

Did you go on 18psi or the full 21psi tune?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
hahaha, I feel like the same thing would happen to me and I'd never go back to stock.

Did you go on 18psi or the full 21psi tune?
Was running the 21psi tune for a while but have been on a custom tune now for more than a year. Before you ask, I got it from VitTuned in the U.S. and he's since gone on to bigger and better things. However, you can still get a custom e-tune from Derek Robinson who is well regarded. Don't know anybody local whom I would trust.

jaykan2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

Sold my Civic RS and have a used Mishimoto Intake sitting around taking up space.
Intake was used for <2000km and is in pretty good condition. Feel free to hit me up if you are interested. Wanting $200 for it and has everything you need for a 30 min install.

Thanks.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hey All,

Sold my Civic RS and have a used Mishimoto Intake sitting around taking up space.
Intake was used for <2000km and is in pretty good condition. Feel free to hit me up if you are interested. Wanting $200 for it and has everything you need for a 30 min install.

Thanks.
What happened to the Civic? And what did you get as a replacement?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Had an addition to the family and needed something larger.
Ended up with a MY18 Subaru Outback 3.6R :D
Sorry to see one less OZ Civic owner.

Congrats on the new additionand the Outback. Gutsy motor.

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
how's it going fellas? I jsut want to ask if anyone here lowered their ride? been thinking of lowering my car and upsizing my wheels to 18- also concerned if it's gonna void my warranty

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
how's it going fellas? I jsut want to ask if anyone here lowered their ride? been thinking of lowering my car and upsizing my wheels to 18- also concerned if it's gonna void my warranty
Lowering will most likely void your warranty, changing the wheels I doubt, but if you ever have issues with the wheels or wheel balancing Honda would be no way required to assist.

jaykan2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Vehicle Showcase
Lowering will most likely void your warranty, changing the wheels I doubt, but if you ever have issues with the wheels or wheel balancing Honda would be no way required to assist.
Warranty will be a funny one. If you use lowering springs and your stock shocks go, warranty will be voided on that component. Install a whole new coilover kit and the engine craps itself, it will be covered by the warranty.

They will need to prove how the modification damaged the component which in the example above, has nothing to do with it. Suspension mods vs engine failure are worlds apart

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
spoke to the dealership directly- and yes, it would void my suspension warranty but not the whole car's warranty. so if I put on lowered springs on stock shocks and the shocks shit itself- it wont be covered under warranty... as long as my engine is still covered i'm goody- i guess :beer:

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Warranty will be a funny one. If you use lowering springs and your stock shocks go, warranty will be voided on that component. Install a whole new coilover kit and the engine craps itself, it will be covered by the warranty.

They will need to prove how the modification damaged the component which in the example above, has nothing to do with it. Suspension mods vs engine failure are worlds apart
you're right. only that component would be voided- and I dont think i'll be putting aftermarket springs on stock shocks tho. i'm pretty sure its a disaster waiting to happen haha! as long as my engine is still covered under warranty- i'm fine. hopefully :oops:2

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
you're right. only that component would be voided- and I dont think i'll be putting aftermarket springs on stock shocks tho. i'm pretty sure its a disaster waiting to happen haha! as long as my engine is still covered under warranty- i'm fine. hopefully :oops:2
Most likely as I had to have the rear shock replaced under warranty after 20,000ks.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not from the AUS but have spent a good deal of time there. Love the place. Hoping to go back and visit all my friends soon.