Aussie Civic owners

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I don't have quick enables or adjustments for my ECU yet. How do I try +9 psi?
Sorry, I am getting confused with Hondata now. Try the starter 21 (not stage 2). If you don't have the options yet, you will have to wait a bit for KTuner to catch up.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
For VTi-LX owners, the 2019 Garmin map update is now available.

Cdw1008

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 vti-LX hatchback
Country flag
Just got a new lid on the intake. Super happy with how it came out. Still get a slight intake sound which is a bonus.

What have you all done to your engine bays?

Honda Civic 10th gen Aussie Civic owners BFC15AD5-5183-4B9D-AF2C-40A91EE4E279

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Just got a new lid on the intake. Super happy with how it came out. Still get a slight intake sound which is a bonus.

What have you all done to your engine bays?

BFC15AD5-5183-4B9D-AF2C-40A91EE4E279.jpeg
Don't get me wrong, it's your car so you do what you want to it but the extra holes/slot on the 27Won intake sorta makes it a short RAM intake and takes away from the benefits of the cold air intake feature, no? Our cars get really hot because of the poor ventilation from the covered grill amongst other things.

Cdw1008

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 vti-LX hatchback
Country flag
Yep you’re totally right. But my way of thinking is that our cars are all cvt in Australia and mine is running stock tune so the benefits of a cold air intake (even one as good as this) are minimal at best without things like a tuner etc. This is purely for aesthetics. And it’s a 2 minute job to reinstall the original lid if needed.

And as you stated about the under bonnet tempts being high.... the heat soak in the pancake intake pipe is just heating up the air coming from the intake anyway. I can’t understand why Honda decided to run the intake so close to the top of the turbo. Surely mounting the compressor housing on the other side of the exhaust housing so the intake ran direct to the turbo would be better? just my opinion.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep you’re totally right. But my way of thinking is that our cars are all cvt in Australia and mine is running stock tune so the benefits of a cold air intake (even one as good as this) are minimal at best without things like a tuner etc. This is purely for aesthetics. And it’s a 2 minute job to reinstall the original lid if needed.

And as you stated about the under bonnet tempts being high.... the heat soak in the pancake intake pipe is just heating up the air coming from the intake anyway. I can’t understand why Honda decided to run the intake so close to the top of the turbo. Surely mounting the compressor housing on the other side of the exhaust housing so the intake ran direct to the turbo would be better? just my opinion.

How much did the intake costs and where did you get it?

I've been wanting to get one but having an exposed pod which most offer is just asking for more trouble than it's worth!

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag

You could try a turbo blanket and/or wrapping the plastic tube with heat tape/wrap. Agree it's an issue from the factory although since outright performance would not have been a main consideration, the compromise was probably acceptable.

Agree intake alone has minimal effect but I wager on a hot summer day, it would help nonetheless and make the car less sluggish.

Cdw1008

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 vti-LX hatchback
Country flag
How much did the intake costs and where did you get it?

I've been wanting to get one but having an exposed pod which most offer is just asking for more trouble than it's worth!

I bought it straight from 27won in USA. Around $600AUD shipped but arrived in 6 days. (PRL Cobra is about the same price) It fits in but requires a small amount of modification to help with clearance in the transmission area. It is designed for manual cars. At this stage this is the first one in Australia so I’m sure Vincent will be keen to send more our way. But if you have any questions, 27won customer service is awesome. Always keen to answer questions!

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I bought it straight from 27won in USA. Around $600AUD shipped but arrived in 6 days. (PRL Cobra is about the same price) It fits in but requires a small amount of modification to help with clearance in the transmission area. It is designed for manual cars. At this stage this is the first one in Australia so I’m sure Vincent will be keen to send more our way. But if you have any questions, 27won customer service is awesome. Always keen to answer questions!
Was wondering about the fitment issue that I have seen mentioned with CVT cars. Good to know it can be made to work but no intake in my immediate future.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Did either of you guys get a tune yet?

Still torn between ktuner vs hondata...
Yes, am tuned. KTuner FTW!!! No points for guessing what I am running.

However, both are good platforms depending on what you want/expect. Read up on this thread and elsewhere to form your own opinion I suppose.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, am tuned. KTuner FTW!!! No points for guessing what I am running.

However, both are good platforms depending on what you want/expect. Read up on this thread and elsewhere to form your own opinion I suppose.
Where did you get your ktuner and at what price?

I've been looking on ebay at the v1s (don't need the screen imho) and they are circa 650aud

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Where did you get your ktuner and at what price?

I've been looking on ebay at the v1s (don't need the screen imho) and they are circa 650aud
Got it from the U.S. from a dealer.

It should be a V1.2 now if you are buying new. Price is about right. Wait for an eBay discount code and take the plunge I suppose.

Because of the CVT, this is likely the only mod you will really need performance wise. If you went out and bought a downpipe and a decent intake, you would pay more and net less gains. Don't forget for just about any other mod, if you are not going to be installing those pieces by yourself, you still have to pay for installation. Either the Hondata and KTuner can be setup quite simply with a Windows notebook.

Also, they come with off the shelf tunes which most are happy with, so no need to spend anymore. If you want more, you can go custom or go flex fuel, but obviously the CVT will limit how far you go (or you blow something up if you or the tuner get it wrong).

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it from the U.S. from a dealer.

It should be a V1.2 now if you are buying new. Price is about right. Wait for an eBay discount code and take the plunge I suppose.

Because of the CVT, this is likely the only mod you will really need performance wise. If you went out and bought a downpipe and a decent intake, you would pay more and net less gains. Don't forget for just about any other mod, if you are not going to be installing those pieces by yourself, you still have to pay for installation. Either the Hondata and KTuner can be setup quite simply with a Windows notebook.

Also, they come with off the shelf tunes which most are happy with, so no need to spend anymore. If you want more, you can go custom or go flex fuel, but obviously the CVT will limit how far you go (or you blow something up if you or the tuner get it wrong).

I was thinking about going along that route. The only real other mods I want to do are the downpipe to get a little extra noise, don't want a full exhaust as the CVT's can sound kind of droney & maybe the front mount from PRL.

Have you tried out the dual tune for the Ktuner? I like the idea of having a special mode I can go in and yet keep the standard tune stored for daily driving.
Sponsored