Aussie Civic owners

sharkchu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 1.5L T
Country flag
So many mods for sedans, nothing really for Hatchs. Bummer.

On a lighter note, finally got my leaky passenger shocks replaced by Honda, since waiting for replacemnets since March
Sponsored

spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
The V2 is listed at USD649, so about AUD880.00. Add in shipping, GST and the dealer's cut, AUD1,100.00 is probably about right.

You could save some money going with a V1.2. Any particular reason you would like a V2?
v2.0 has the screen. That's my only real reason. But if version 1.2 can achieve the same outcome i spose that is the more economical option haha.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
v2.0 has the screen. That's my only real reason. But if version 1.2 can achieve the same outcome i spose that is the more economical option haha.
There's not much in it between the V1.2 and V2. You wouldn't have the shift lights and the stored tune names on the V1.2. Can't think of anything else.

With the money saved on the V1.2, you could just as easily pick up a cheap phone/tablet and mount and use that instead. Or root the HU and install KTuner Lite there.

You can be more discreet with the V1.2 if you choose. I personally wouldn't want the V2 screen in the car all the time as it might attract unwanted attention and it would be too big to carry around unlike a second phone for instance. Just my 2 cents.

Badzyy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic vti-l
Country flag
I have gone through the registration process for the v1.2 but when downloading the memory debug it didn't quite finish..now when I load the ktuner software it flash red/green down the bottom left (communicating/disconnected) just wondering if anyone knows if it's normal or not?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I have gone through the registration process for the v1.2 but when downloading the memory debug it didn't quite finish..now when I load the ktuner software it flash red/green down the bottom left (communicating/disconnected) just wondering if anyone knows if it's normal or not?
Contact [email protected] mate. He'll sort you out.

spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Yeah considering rooting the headunit to unlock its potential. But want to leave everything stock for a little while. Save some extra $$$$$

Plezor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS sedan 2016
Country flag
Y
ahhhhh! I've only just hit 5,000km and the oil warning has come up. Anyone else experience it this early?
You are very unlikely to reach 10.000km in standard and especially spirited driving. For my first 10.000 I was driving my RS as gently as possible trying to see what would be the best fuel economy. I managed to get to 9.700km before oil change was due. So that 10.000km is technically achievable. On the other hand I was consistently getting under 6L/100km combined, which is amazing in my books.

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I see, thanks. I wish I got 6L/100km. I usually get around 8.5L/100km, but I drive through the city daily and in peak hour traffic :( (+ I have a heavy foot).

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I see, thanks. I wish I got 6L/100km. I usually get around 8.5L/100km, but I drive through the city daily and in peak hour traffic :( (+ I have a heavy foot).
My first light came on about 7,400km and the second time about 9,400km. My driving habits have not changed (suburban stop and go traffic, infrequent highway except on some long distance work trips, usually averaging about 8L/100km) and have been tuned in some form since before the first service.

I suspect the initial "poor" run with the oil may have been due to some liberal application of the throttle prior to delivery by the dealer (I had the dealer do the tint). I have no proof of this but having seen some new cars with trade plates driven like it was a bat from hell, this would not surprise me. You can form your own opinion after the oil change indicator is reset after your first service.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Just a note to anybody considering any of the aftermarket grills that they will likely not have the holes for the two front parking sensors on the grill. If your car is fitted with the sensors, it is not a direct swap and will require the holes (16mm diameter) to be added and the two sensors and brackets transferred manually from the original grill. It's not a show stopper but it's an additional step to factor in.

Edit: Additional detail on the parking sensor cutouts.

Last edited:

Jnguyenz

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 RS
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone selling ktuner? Im from melbourne. Add me on facebook, johnny ching chong or my instagram.. J.NGUYENZ
I have te37sl
Camber kit neg 4
Br bc coils

Badzyy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic vti-l
Country flag
@Badzyy so how did you go with the KTuner?
Ohh I finally got it going last week, took a bit longer than expected to get my ECU worked into the software but now starting to have a bit of fun with it! Currently on the dual profile with 18psi, definitely wakes the car up a bit

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Ohh I finally got it going last week, took a bit longer than expected to get my ECU worked into the software but now starting to have a bit of fun with it! Currently on the dual profile with 18psi, definitely wakes the car up a bit
Good stuff. Try the +9 psi and the quick adjustments. You won't look back.
Sponsored