Audio Upgrade Connection

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
I'm about to hook up my new components. I read that the HU output is digital. I'm connecting an Audison bitOne, which can accept a digital input. I was originally going to connect to the bitOne using the high level speaker outputs of the factory amp but am now wondering if I can use the digital output of the HU and the digital input of the bitOne. Or is the amp where voice commands, etc happens?
Sponsored

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I'm about to hook up my new components. I read that the HU output is digital. I'm connecting an Audison bitOne, which can accept a digital input. I was originally going to connect to the bitOne using the high level speaker outputs of the factory amp but am now wondering if I can use the digital output of the HU and the digital input of the bitOne. Or is the amp where voice commands, etc happens?
You will need a resistor to keep the bit one on. My shop just put one in my car but I have no idea how they hooked it up.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Also the bit one is connected after the oem amp as that controls the other functions if I’m not mistaken.

OP
OP
alvav

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Also the bit one is connected after the oem amp as that controls the other functions if I’m not mistaken.
That’s what I was afraid of. I guess I’ll use the speaker level inputs and then go digital between the bitOne and my Audison amp.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Audison BitOne is Optical (S/PDIF) - Industry standard

Honda Head Unit is a Custom Stereo, Coax (wire) digital link.

Also, on the Honda unit, all volume & tone controls are sent independently to amp over a RS422 link.
Also navigation and other audio signals are sent ive a few analogue channels to the AMP.
etc etc etc

I really cannot see making a Digital connection between the Honda HU and the Audison bitOne
Sponsored