Audio tracks on pendrive keeps getting corrupted !

killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018
Hello everyone,

I just picked up my Honda Civic 2 weeks ago and I decided to load in some audiobooks into a pendrive to listen via USB. The first time I tried, the first track I played got mixed up with another track midway while the first track was playing. Thinking that the pendrive was faulty, I decided to try with a brand new pendrive and the same problem happened.

I don't listen to the local radio channels and since there is also no CD player, I was hoping that I can utilise the USB drive. Has anybody else experienced the same incident ?
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make sure to format the USB Drive to be FAT32. The radio should read .mp3 files with no issues. Also make sure you are using the correct usb port on the radio.

edited out quoted incorrect info.

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Make sure to format the USB Drive to be FAT32 or exFAT if larger than 64gb. The radio should read .mp3 files with no issues. Also make sure you are using the correct usb port on the radio.
DO NOT try to format to exFAT .. it will not work.:doh:

Only FAT32 will work in the Honda's head Unit.

You will need a USB format utility program to format on a PC to greater than 32 GB.
:coffee:

Best way, is to format the drive connected to the Head Unit, but you will have to dive down into the system menu to find the Android Format program.:drive:

Once again exFAT will NOT work ...

Lost track of how many posts have already said this !!!:banghead:

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

You will need a USB format utility program to format on a PC to greater than 32 GB.

Best way, is to format the drive connected to the Head Unit, but you will have to dive down into the system menu to find the Android Format program.:drive:

Thank you for the colorful correction. I get your point.

OP
OP

killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018
Make sure to format the USB Drive to be FAT32. The radio should read .mp3 files with no issues. Also make sure you are using the correct usb port on the radio.

edited out quoted incorrect info.
Got it ! Thank you :)

OP
OP

killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018

Thank you for your suggestion. Do you recommend any USB format utility program that I can use ?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thank you for your suggestion. Do you recommend any USB format utility program that I can use ?
Oh Thank you .. been waiting weeks to post an answer this way :-

CLICK HERE

I love it .. so cool :coffee:
Sponsored

Last edited: