Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

Lazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
All I want is an inbuilt equalizer. How hard can this be.

Rocandroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport 6 speed
Anyone with an U.S. LX or Sport HB tell me how to get back to just a digital clock in the upper right corner of a black screen? Found it buy accident now I've lost it while messing around with the controls. No guidance in the owners manual I can find and the dealer doesn't know...

whoolies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Anyone with an U.S. LX or Sport HB tell me how to get back to just a digital clock in the upper right corner of a black screen? Found it buy accident now I've lost it while messing around with the controls. No guidance in the owners manual I can find and the dealer doesn't know...
I think I remember seeing a clock option after clicking or twisting one of the knobs or something like that. I remember it wasn't some weird combination.

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Found an alternate way to dismiss text message notifications from the touchscreen without having to reach out and tap "Ignore." Press the Lanewatch button on the end of the headlight (left) stalk twice.

Rocandroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport 6 speed
I think I remember seeing a clock option after clicking or twisting one of the knobs or something like that. I remember it wasn't some weird combination.
Yes there's a clock option under menu. This doesn't access a way to have simply a blank screen except for the digital clock in the upper right corner that I found before. Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
One interesting find today that you can disable android auto -- mine was "on" upon delivery. Turning it off seemed to make the system a bit more responsive. Kind of like stopping services you don't need tend to make a system faster.

image.jpeg
How did you get to this screen, I've looked everywhere but can't find it. I'm hoping that if I turn off carplay it will help with responsiveness

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone got the headunit to play video on it while driving??
this is what i did
1) go in the default internet browser and on the URL type about:debug
2) then delete everything and type file:///vendor/app and select "whitelistapservice.apk (DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OTHER APK, I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO IT!!)
3) it will install the apk and will fail, exit everything by pressing the HOME button and hold down power to restart the system.
4) VOLA!! now you can play videos on youtube.com or videos from the Gallery app while in D mode!!
5) if anything is acting weird just restart the system and if you want to reverse to default just go into the Apps in SETTING and uninstall the whitelistapservice.apk and should be working fine.

credit to: XDA post

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
anyone got the headunit to play video on it while driving??
this is what i did
1) go in the default internet browser and on the URL type about:debug
2) then delete everything and type file:///vendor/app and select "whitelistapservice.apk (DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OTHER APK, I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO IT!!)
3) it will install the apk and will fail, exit everything by pressing the HOME button and hold down power to restart the system.
4) VOLA!! now you can play videos on youtube.com or videos from the Gallery app while in D mode!!
5) if anything is acting weird just restart the system and if you want to reverse to default just go into the Apps in SETTING and uninstall the whitelistapservice.apk and should be working fine.

credit to: XDA post
Did you not need to change the vehicle setting type as described first?

fegan

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
does anyone know how to get the gauge to red color like in this video?
That's what I see on my 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring model...which also has the paddle shifters.

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Anyone know what how to fix my USB problem? Whenever I plug in a USB flash drive, the system recognizes that it's plugged in but it doesn't read it. I've tried numerous flash drives. Formatted it to Fat32, using the right files for the car to read. But, the car just doesn't want to read the USB. I've hooked it up onto the center console and also below the infotainment system.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Anyone know what how to fix my USB problem?
And the files are a supported type? (Not sure what that list is, exactly. Start with one .mp3 in the root folder and work your way up to what you really want to do.)

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I see on my 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring model...which also has the paddle shifters.
Yeah, it needs to be Si or Sport Touring (I think Sport has it too) to be red. You can't change the colour. It's blue in the lower trims and red in the higher ones. I don't know exactly why they do this, as I always preferred the blue but am now stuck with the red.
Sponsored