RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
This doesn't work for you?

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 11.13.34 AM.png
I have a 2017 Civic Sport Touring, Can not get the swiping on the Steering wheel does not work. Also does't work on the 2017 EX. I bought two. But I test drove a sedan and the swipe did work on the steering wheel. i asked the dealership about it but they said it doesn't work on my Sport Touring. I think they didn't know why.

Dan.Raw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
DanielSuquitana.com
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS - Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone who works on UI for a living, I'm pretty disgusted with Honda's infotainment system.
Totally agree with this. As a UI designer, living with this horrid UI on my civic is something I keep telling myself I have to get used to...

Dan.Raw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
DanielSuquitana.com
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS - Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone knows why this infotainment system looks different? There's a small LCD screen under the main screen? And how in the world is this guy mirroring his phone to the screen? Was this a prototype of some sort?

@5:05

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Anyone knows why this infotainment system looks different? There's a small LCD screen under the main screen? And how in the world is this guy mirroring his phone to the screen? Was this a prototype of some sort?

thats Thai model i assume. as my brother in Pakistan has the same infotainment.

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Basically foreign models get the cool stuff. They still have HDMI and they also get ACC on the M/T. Honda screws over American buyers. To be fair there's a chance that there are some regulations Honda doesn't want to deal with here so they just leave certain things out instead.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^Screw isn't the word I use -- they are definitely playing Musical Features though.

The euro model sedans get a TON of cool shit we don't. But then again we get things they don't.

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
^Screw isn't the word I use -- they are definitely playing Musical Features though.

The euro model sedans get a TON of cool shit we don't. But then again we get things they don't.
like a bigger washer bottle :headbang:

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Anyone knows what the features the euro model has. Just wondering...

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Found another menus .... After you hold bright power menu... You will get two options hold home there and you will get csf setting and inline diag completion.... Also if you chose the bottom one and hold menu then hold home you will get USB role device or host ... When you chose device my windows regonize it but my cable so bad and I will buy one to check it... Also if get back it click return then it will reset the role setting to host BUT if you hold back button it will get you back to the previous menu and keep role setting to device ... I guess that somthing we can do there....
Another thing jump in my head.... Did some body try use the dial pad to enter codes? Like phone code *#06# to get imei? Might this will do the passcord??

cheezeeeray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone, I've searched through this thread to find an answer to my question but with no luck. My question is; how do I disable the computer phonetic interface feedback while selecting music from my dash/wheel, instead of the screen?

In other words, when I'm selecting music, artists, albums, songs etc from the steering wheel controls, the words "album" or "*song name*" etc will be vocally articulated by the computer. I find it really annoying lol

Any ideas? I've searched pretty thoroughly with what options are immediately available to me on the screen. Thx I appreciate any help with this!

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2017 Civic Sport Touring, Can not get the swiping on the Steering wheel does not work. Also does't work on the 2017 EX. I bought two. But I test drove a sedan and the swipe did work on the steering wheel. i asked the dealership about it but they said it doesn't work on my Sport Touring. I think they didn't know why.
The swipe only works on the sedan models, Not the hatchbacks. I know very strange......

CivicsClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone, I've searched through this thread to find an answer to my question but with no luck. My question is; how do I disable the computer phonetic interface feedback while selecting music from my dash/wheel, instead of the screen?

In other words, when I'm selecting music, artists, albums, songs etc from the steering wheel controls, the words "album" or "*song name*" etc will be vocally articulated by the computer. I find it really annoying lol

Any ideas? I've searched pretty thoroughly with what options are immediately available to me on the screen. Thx I appreciate any help with this!
Sitting in my car reading this, and I didn't even know this was an option. Is this happening when you're using CarPlay or the Audio app on the civic?

cheezeeeray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
Country flag
Sitting in my car reading this, and I didn't even know this was an option. Is this happening when you're using CarPlay or the Audio app on the civic?
Whatever the default audio application is, I haven't used carplay as far as I understand it
Sponsored