Audio System Display Doesn't Power On

Matteh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I bought a 2016 Civic Touring back in mid December and have driven it approx. 600 KM with no issues prior to today. When I turn on the car the infotainment system does not power on. The driver information interface on the dash shows the loading icon when compass/gps or audio is selected. I assume the driver information on the dash pulls data from the system tied to the display.

I suspect its a blown fuse, which I will check tonight, but I have contacted the dealer to put it on record and will make an appointment. I don't really know what fuse to check though. I have looked through the manual and my first guess would be fuse #19 (Audio) in the engine compartment fuse box, but it would be great if someone could confirm.

This is my first car and I hope its a blown fuse and not a electronic/system hardware issue. Either way its under warranty, but I hope its not going to be a consistent problem. :(
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
If you look around the forums, there are several issues with the infotainment system. And by several issues, I mean several issues. This one has been reported by others, who have successfully gotten the unit to start with a fuse pull (though it's not truly a fuse issue - they just need a full cut in power - disconnecting the battery would do the same thing). We are all hoping that Honda is working on a fix for the crappy programming of the Android based infotainment system. It does indeed have several glitches.

Don't be too surprised if your dealer can not do much more than get it going. Honda does not have a fix for most infotainment issues yet. It may happen again, and other glitches may (will) come along as well. Hopefully your dealer will be helpful. I've personally had poor experiences with my dealer (refusing to acknowledge issues even when he's seen them personally unless I give up a full day with my car before he'll report the issues to Honda). Calling Honda corporate has not been helpful to me, either... but I digress...

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I bought a 2016 Civic Touring back in mid December and have driven it approx. 600 KM with no issues prior to today. When I turn on the car the infotainment system does not power on. The driver information interface on the dash shows the loading icon when compass/gps or audio is selected. I assume the driver information on the dash pulls data from the system tied to the display.

I suspect its a blown fuse, which I will check tonight, but I have contacted the dealer to put it on record and will make an appointment. I don't really know what fuse to check though. I have looked through the manual and my first guess would be fuse #19 (Audio) in the engine compartment fuse box, but it would be great if someone could confirm.

This is my first car and I hope its a blown fuse and not a electronic/system hardware issue. Either way its under warranty, but I hope its not going to be a consistent problem. :(
I feel you man. I am going to pick up the car tomorrow after the dealer stressed they have the fix and it shouldn't be a problem. Now I hear the fix doesn't exist for Canada. I am really worried since I have already signed for the car. I just hope the one I pick up tomorrow doesn't have this issue. Call Honda Canada and make sure the issue is known!!!!

jsroedell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
My display just went out also, along with both USB ports. 2600 miles on my car. I was using it earlier, stopped and went into a store, then got back into the car and it didn't light up at all. I'm going to check the fuse and see if that's the problem.

jsroedell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Well I just went to check and it worked! Says the it lost power and you can see what came up in the image. I will call the dealership and let them know though, so if there's a pattern that maybe something will come from it. I drove almost 2 hours with it not working, then it had been sitting for almost 2 hours off, when I just now checked it.

Attachments

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
That really sounds like a loose electrical connection somewhere. I would def. mention that to the dealer.

OP
OP

Matteh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Well I just went to check and it worked! Says the it lost power and you can see what came up in the image. I will call the dealership and let them know though, so if there's a pattern that maybe something will come from it. I drove almost 2 hours with it not working, then it had been sitting for almost 2 hours off, when I just now checked it.
Exact same outcome for me as well. It wasnt powering on when I left for work, but started the car around 9 hours after and the display turned on. I received the same lost power message.

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase

Check the fuse if you know thr box (es) layout. Do not remove the battery terminal. In my case, the dealership has a service bulliten related to your problem (and mine) and replaced the center console electronics.
Sponsored