Audio stutter at random times.

Freejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Civic Touring
So I noticed that the audio system bugs out with stuttering and popping noises if the on-board nav speaks over the currently playing track or when the bluetooth phone connection's incoming call rings. Happens when a track is playing from an iPod plugged into the storage compartment USB port, and randomly as well. Sometimes I go an entire trip without it bugging out, other times it bugs out as soon as I pull out of the lot if I had nav on.

All I had to do is to skip the track/skip back to fix the stutter. Not sure if this is related to the multiple bluetooth problems I've been hearing.

Anybody else encountered this problem before? If so, is there a patch for this since it feels like a software sided bug? I'll try to reproduce the problem in a video later.
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I've had that happen some with my iPod via center USB too. I fixed the problem with stuttering at the beginning of songs, but this is something different. Sometimes skipping around in tracks like that fixes it for me, but sometimes I have to unplug the iPod then plug it back in to fix it.

OP
OP

Freejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Civic Touring
I put my songs on a USB flash drive (formatted FAT32) into the storage compartment USB port and it doesn't seem to have the same problem (yet).
I recall using Android Auto + Google Play Music + front USB port to play songs stored in my phone and it does the stuttering/popping as well, but with much lower frequency compared to an iPod. Happened only once ever since I got the car a month ago compared to the 1-3 times it has happened per drive with the iPod in the past week.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
So I noticed that the audio system bugs out with stuttering and popping noises if the on-board nav speaks over the currently playing track or when the bluetooth phone connection's incoming call rings. Happens when a track is playing from an iPod plugged into the storage compartment USB port, and randomly as well. Sometimes I go an entire trip without it bugging out, other times it bugs out as soon as I pull out of the lot if I had nav on.

All I had to do is to skip the track/skip back to fix the stutter. Not sure if this is related to the multiple bluetooth problems I've been hearing.

Anybody else encountered this problem before? If so, is there a patch for this since it feels like a software sided bug? I'll try to reproduce the problem in a video later.
Mine has done this since day one. I am thinking a bad ground in the usb port...

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
+1 when plugged into the center console and playing music via Bluetooth.

Not horrible but annoying for sure. In my case I was simply using the center port to keep my iPhone charged. Have not tried using the right side "cigarette" charger yet to see if things are better over Bluetooth.

RC

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Happened only once ever since I got the car a month ago compared to the 1-3 times it has happened per drive with the iPod in the past week.
Oh wow, every drive? That sucks. It's only happened with mine a couple of times total since I got the car in April.
Sponsored