NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had my Si for just over two weeks. Today when I got in my car the audio stopped working across the board. No sound at all. The display shows that there is music playing but nothing comes out the speakers. Tried switching dro Car Play to AM/FM but that didn’t work either. Had a similar issue after a stall (newbie to manual) and during restart all the displays glitched and sound went out for a few minutes but returned so thought nothing of it. Also during this most recent problem the ON/OFF button was non-responsive. Now I’m concerned.

Anyone else had similar problems. Is there a fix? Dealer issue?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had my Si for just over two weeks. Today when I got in my car the audio stopped working across the board. No sound at all. The display shows that there is music playing but nothing comes out the speakers. Tried switching dro Car Play to AM/FM but that didn’t work either. Had a similar issue after a stall (newbie to manual) and during restart all the displays glitched and sound went out for a few minutes but returned so thought nothing of it. Also during this most recent problem the ON/OFF button was non-responsive. Now I’m concerned.

Take it back to the dealer. Prob a software glitch in the infotainment system. As long as everything related to your audio system is still stock, it will be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take it back to the dealer. Prob a software glitch in the infotainment system. As long as everything related to your audio system is still stock, it will be covered under warranty.
I think that’s what i’m going to do. The next time I started up the car it worked fine. But, you know, just in case...

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think that’s what i’m going to do. The next time I started up the car it worked fine. But, you know, just in case...
If you’re interested:

Since there are no software updates for the 2017 system, all the dealer can do is a master reboot. Hopefully that solves the problem

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ex-L
Country flag

Yes I am having the same problem. The sound goes off and and play around with radio and at some point in the future it comes back on. rebut doesn't solve it. It is as if it is in mute except it is not. What happened to your problem?

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I am having the same problem. The sound goes off and and play around with radio and at some point in the future it comes back on. rebut doesn't solve it. It is as if it is in mute except it is not. What happened to your problem?
Took it to the dealer and the reinstalled the software

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
I got in my Si the other day and the info screen showed the android robot guy and said it was doing a master reset then went blank. Couldn't change any HVAC settings either, temp up down receculating defrost didn't work. I turned the car off and drove my truck and have yet to check it again.
Sponsored