John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Any audiophiles out there?
What do you do to listen to music?
How do you play back your favorite playlist in a way that it sounds good?
Thanks
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Only one way to listen to music in your car if you think you are an Audiophile :-

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Of Quality shutterstock_548248414

With your eyes shut !!!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Hondahack, dsp flat script, Viper4android to custom balance eq and dsp settings. Store FLAC files on usb stick. Play back with audio player of choice.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hondahack, dsp flat script, Viper4android to custom balance eq and dsp settings. Store FLAC files on usb stick. Play back with audio player of choice.
Have you been able to actually get DSP-Flat to switch to the FLAT response, on your Si with it's Premium Sound system and DSP in it's remote amplifier ??

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Have you been able to actually get DSP-Flat to switch to the FLAT response, on your Si with it's Premium Sound system and DSP in it's remote amplifier ??
It sounds flat to me. Have you tried it?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It sounds flat to me. Have you tried it?
Yes, I have tried DSP FLAT. (as well as setting it Manually in the Hidden menu)

Works fine on the Head Unit that has the Speaker Amps in the actua; Head unit, but in the Premium Systems, where the Amp is External, (so is the DSP-- which is in the same enclosure as the AMP), and DSP-FLAT (or manually accessing the Hidden menu), does NOT cause the setting to change.

The Hidden Menu setting is probably still trying to Communicate with a DSP that it thinks is in the Head unit, but the DSP is external, so it cannot actually communicate with it to alter it's settings.

Another Honda Software "Screw up" that has been around for some time, but never corrected with any of the updates, or it would seem, not even corrected in the 2019 models.

While it is not a setting that the Car Owner is meant to use, or even Officially know about, it's still a poor reflection on Honda's quality control of software/hardware revisions, and it looks like this function was never addressed when the Premium systems were introduced.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda CRV
Country flag
dsp flat and viper4android. works wonders. honda hack pro provides automatic start up for dsp flat as well. don't recommend it though. my screen booted up to that syscom free menu and stayed there. so i had to reset my headunit and now i just put the script on my main screen and select it.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Literally the biggest noob on this stuff - I have NO experience with these types of head units, but I do know a lot about audio and would love to improve my Civic Si output.

Honda hack??
DSP Flat?? Wouldn't it normally be flat from the factory? This is adjustable?
How does one load Viper4Android into the head unit? Or are you only using EQ settings in your actual phone itself?

Thanks so much. Flame if you want but I appreciate the help!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Literally the biggest noob on this stuff - I have NO experience with these types of head units, but I do know a lot about audio and would love to improve my Civic Si output.

Honda hack??
DSP Flat?? Wouldn't it normally be flat from the factory? This is adjustable?
How does one load Viper4Android into the head unit? Or are you only using EQ settings in your actual phone itself?

Thanks so much. Flame if you want but I appreciate the help!
DSP-Flat is not going work on your 2019 Si with it's Premium Sound System :( (so forget that option)

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can only comment on my car. Listening to Tricky - Overcome, enabling DSP Flat results in an audible change. Give it a shot?
Ahh .. Does your 17 Si have the non-premium audio .?
Maybe that was introduced for the 2018 si ?

DSP-Flat will work with the Non-Premium systems, but not with the Premium system.

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
dsp flat and viper4android. works wonders. honda hack pro provides automatic start up for dsp flat as well. don't recommend it though. my screen booted up to that syscom free menu and stayed there. so i had to reset my headunit and now i just put the script on my main screen and select it.
That happened to me couple of times but thankfully I never set it to launch at startup. But when it gets stuck, i turn my car off on and restart the headunit manually by using the power button.
Sponsored