Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. I was told it didn't apply to my car.
oh yeah, so now you cant flash with your FP without the mismatch software code....... jeez

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Confirmed. 2016 CVT EXT goes to limp mode after updating software to latest version and flashed directly via laptop. Was able to flash back to stock (2016) tune for car to return to normal op.

Next thing I'll try is uploading latest calibration to primary slot on the Flashpro unit and flash car without laptop attached. It could be a user error on my part. My understanding is that the ECU picks up the calibration (tune) from the Flashpro unit, not directly from the laptop (?). Will update whenever I get a chance since car is wife's daily and I was sweating bullets when it went limp after flashing yesterday. Basically, I'll let her drive it tuneless for a while before attempting the exercise again.

One thing I observed is that after flashing back to stock tune, the check engine light was lit for a while (while driving) and it disappeared after shutting the car off for a prolonged period (1 hour?).

My advice is don't update the software if your tune is running fine on your car. And use whatever version you already have to return car to stock before visiting dealer. I believe someone already mentioned this in an earlier post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We got a straight answer to @Syntek 's thread over on the hondata forum, ALL credit goes to him for all his work chasing this down, THANK HIS POSTS PEOPLE!! Seems like this should be sorted next update, which the ETA for is next week.

Honda Civic 10th gen Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year. 2019-03-18 (2)

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We got a straight answer to @Syntek 's thread over on the hondata forum, ALL credit goes to him for all his work chasing this down, THANK HIS POSTS PEOPLE!! Seems like this should be sorted next update, which the ETA for is next week.

2019-03-18 (2).png
Really thanks for the update.

In that case, I'll wait for the update before reflashing to +6psi map. I'm hoping wife won't comment on the decrease of power. I drove it for a while on stock tune yesterday and didn't really mind the driveability (ECON off) from my perspective. However, I did put 91 gas in there after reflashing to stock. It was running +6 map on 87 before.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the FP 3.2.7 released on 3/25/19 fixed the problem for MY2016 Civics? I no longer own a FP so can’t confirm. I’m returning my car to stock in preparation for something faster (definitely) that may or may not use gasoline (50/50 chance), still undecided ATM.
Sponsored