Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to return to stock and get the recall done at a dealership BEFORE you attempt to flash ANY new tune. If you flash a tune before getting the recall done you will be stuck with a dash full of errors and unable to return to stock. The only fix for that is getting the dealership to flash the recall over your tune.

From Hondata forums:

Honda Civic 10th gen Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year. Screenshot_20190302-091327_Chrome

Updates to the saga, big shout outs to @Syntek for keeping us updated, his car is not eligible for the recall so he is stuck with 2016 binaries. I've been too nervous to do anything hondata or recall related until they get this all sorted out.

Seems I need to elaborate on this as I just entirely fucked myself.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FLASH PRO BEFORE RETURNING YOUR CAR TO STOCK IF YOH DONTDHAVE THE RECALL UPDATE.

I can't even flash the car back to stock after updating the flash pro and it's firmware to the latest version.
https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22063

V3.2.6 (6 Mar 2019)
FlashPro firmware updated to version 156
[2017+ Civic Si] Fixed boost by gear
Download here

We also have changed the return to stock for 2016 Civics so that they can choose to return to the 2016 or 2017 binaries.

The problem is that along with the oil dilution ECU update Honda is updating the transmission software to 2017, and the ECU / TCM versions have to match, so 2016 Civics can either use a 2016 or 2017 binary and there is no way of determining which should be the correct one. So when you return to stock it will ask. If you have had the Honda oil dilution update, then choose 2017, otherwise choose 2016. Note that hatches and anything other than 2016 Civics are not affected.

I'll revert later to confirm if this works going back to stock + tunes, etc.
Quick update, I was able to revert back to stock after the dash was lit up with errors. I'll try to upload a tune in a bit to see if that works as well.
Update, I'm unable to upload a tune to my car the dash lights up with errors .
Yeah that's fine.

The car can be put back to stock without an issue but any tune I upload and the whole dash lights up and car ends up being in limp mode unfortunately. I'm wondering because the programmer is telling the calibration that it's on the new binary instead
Sponsored

Last edited:

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Yup this cost me $150 out of pocket for my dealership just for audit of the errors. SMH

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, so the 2016's are getting the update as well. Had an appointment this wednesday for the CVT grinding issue. I'll flash to stock beforehand then

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FLASH PRO BEFORE RETURNING YOUR CAR TO STOCK IF YOH DONTDHAVE THE RECALL UPDATE.

I can't even flash the car back to stock after updating the flash pro and it's firmware to the latest version.

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T

Im guessing you cant even build a new tune on the update unless you have the honda update. My question is, what if you cant get the update because the dealer says you are eligible for it......

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im guessing you cant even build a new tune on the update unless you have the honda update. My question is, what if you cant get the update because the dealer says you are eligible for it......
Unsure. About to find out in a bit to see if my dealer is able to do the update on my car or if it's ineligible. If not, then Hondata needs to find a solution to this problem since their software update is what broke the car to begin with.

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Syntek I had the same problem as OP. I took it into the dealer and they returned my ECU and updated TCM to stock (w/ the oil dilution update). They charged me $150 for the error audit though.

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
@Syntek I had the same problem as OP. I took it into the dealer and they returned my ECU and updated TCM to stock (w/ the oil dilution update). They charged me $150 for the error audit though.
wait, you got charged? What a rip and they probably noted you were tuned so bye bye warranty

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apparently my dealer has no idea of this update for the 2016 civic. I'm in Los Angeles. Dealer is Galpin Honda. Starting to wonder if this is a regional update as I was told and did some light searching to see that might be true.

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
Apparently my dealer has no idea of this update for the 2016 civic. I'm in Los Angeles. Dealer is Galpin Honda. Starting to wonder if this is a regional update as I was told and did some light searching to see that might be true.
So now what? I was told regional as well. so you stuck with a car in limp mode?

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
You need to return to stock and get the recall done at a dealership BEFORE you attempt to flash ANY new tune. If you flash a tune before getting the recall done you will be stuck with a dash full of errors and unable to return to stock. The only fix for that is getting the dealership to flash the recall over your tune.

From Hondata forums:

Screenshot_20190302-091327_Chrome.jpg
This is weird, how is it a honda problem when they updated their tunes? Clearly not everyone can get the update. This is on their forum and found on facebook too

Honda Civic 10th gen Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year. 53309111_2275410182778174_5877381939614187520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year. 53643402_2275440749441784_6429814583279484928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yikes, I hope it's not a regional one. Were you able to save your previous calibration before you flashed your ECU with the 3.2.4 update?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes, I hope it's not a regional one. Were you able to save your previous calibration before you flashed your ECU with the 3.2.4 update?
Yeah, all my calibrations are saved on my laptop but even those are giving me the same symptoms when I upload them to the ECU.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Upon further reading, I found that apparently even if I'm able to revert back to stock, the stock calibration will have the updated binaries for the oil dilution and will need the updated TCM as well.

....So what does that mean for the people who can't update their TCM due to not being eligible/or dealer can't update?

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
Upon further reading, I found that apparently even if I'm able to revert back to stock, the stock calibration will have the updated binaries for the oil dilution and will need the updated TCM as well.

....So what does that mean for the people who can't update their TCM due to not being eligible/or dealer can't update?
really? So anyone not able to obtain the update is up a creek on hondata if they update the manager? This seems less than ideal.
Sponsored