At last, the civic type R goes on sale today June 14!!!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
First-Ever Civic Type R for America Goes On Sale Tomorrow

Jun 13, 2017 - TORRANCE, Calif.
  • 306-horsepower Civic Type R is most powerful production Honda ever sold in the U.S.
  • World's fastest production front-wheel-drive car at the Nürburgring
  • Civic Type R capstones Honda's epic 10th generation Civic lineup

The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R – the ultimate performance variant of America's best-selling car1 and the first-ever Type R-badged Honda sold in the U.S. – goes on sale starting tomorrow in one comprehensively-equipped Touring trim with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)2 of $33,900.

The most powerful production Honda ever sold in America, the track-ready 2017 Civic Type R embodies Honda's racing spirit, making 306 horsepower (SAE net) at 6,500 rpm and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (SAE net) from 2,500-4500 rpm from its 2.0-liter DOHC direct-injected and turbocharged i-VTEC® engine. A pre-production version of the new Type R claimed the title of world's fastest production front-wheel-drive (FWD) car on April 7, 2017, setting a record lap time of 7 minutes 43.80 seconds on Germany's legendary Nürburgring Nordschliefe (North Loop), more than three seconds faster than the previous FWD best.

The Type R puts the power down through a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission with helical limited slip differential hooked up to 245/30ZR20 Continental SportContact 6 high-performance tires on 20x8.5-inch black-finished aluminum wheels. Speed is scrubbed by 13.8-inch cross-drilled rotors clamped by 4-piston Brembo aluminum calipers in front and 12.0-inch rotors with single-piston calipers in the rear.

The Type R chassis features a dual-axis strut front suspension and multi-link rear, front and rear anti-roll bars, Type-R exclusive springs, bushings and damper mountings and a newly designed Adaptive Damper System with the ability to continuously adjust damping force at all four corners using input from three on-board G sensors, four suspension stroke sensors and a steering angle sensor.

The Adaptive Damper System, along with the dual-pinion variable-ratio electric power steering, drive-by-wire throttle, and brake system, are tied to the Type R's three selectable driving modes, with COMFORT, SPORT and +R settings, allowing the driver to dial up the Type R's reflexes depending on the driving environment. The throttle ECU also features driver-selectable automatic rev matching with two profiles, one for COMFORT and SPORT modes and one for +R mode, to assist drivers in making smooth downshifts without the need for heel & toe downshifting.

Additional performance-enhancing Type-R exclusive features include a weight-saving all-aluminum hood (-11.7 lbs.) and the application of structural adhesives to the body for added structural rigidity, as well as a high-flow exhaust system with three center-mounted exhaust outlets, and a comprehensive aerodynamic package that delivers an exceptional balance of high-speed stability and low drag.

2017 Civic Type R Pricing and EPA Fuel Economy Ratings

Trim
MSRP1

EPA MPG Rating3 (city/highway/combined)

Civic Type R

$33,900

22/28/25

Key Exterior and Interior Features

The all-new 2017 Civic Type R offers a sporty and stylish exterior with advanced aerodynamics that immediately distinguishes the hatchback at a glance, while also providing a performance-focused interior with comfort, convenience and the latest in technology and connectivity features.

Exterior
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure with crash stroke front frame design

Acoustic windshield

Unibody structural adhesive at key points

Triple door sealing

Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release

Advanced Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) countermeasures

LED daytime running lights (DRL)

LED headlights with auto on/off

LED fog lights, turn signals, taillights, brake lights

2-speed intermittent windshield wipers

Smart wipers

Body-colored power side mirrors

Body-colored door handles

Capless fueling system

Aerodynamics package with front splitter, side winglets, air-stabilizing vents, large rear wing, and roof-mounted vortex generators

Interior

97.0 cubic feet of cabin space

Class-leading 22.6-cubic foot cargo area with rear seats up

60/40 split and folding rear seat

Soft-touch, one-piece instrument panel upper

7-inch Display Audio touchscreen with integrated HVAC controls

7-inch Driver Information Interface (DII) with selectable performance content

Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility

540-watt, 12-speaker stereo

Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™

Driver Information Interface with performance-oriented information displays

Smart Entry and Push Button Start

Hill Start Assist

Walk Away Door Locking

Electric Parking Brake

In-Vehicle Connectivity

Like the rest of the Civic family, the new Civic Type R significantly benefits from advances in-vehicle connectivity and audio performance with a new generation of cutting-edge technologies. Type R standard features include a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen Display Audio interface with Android operating system, with a unique red graphic theme. Matching the aggressive spirit of the Type R is a standard 540-watt 12-speaker audio system. The system enables simplified smartphone connectivity with a single cable connection and is compatible with the Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ platforms. Featuring standard Pandora® compatibility, streaming Bluetooth® audio and many other content choices, including SiriusXM®, the Civic Type R offers a rich selection of audio and connectivity choices. The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic is standard equipment on the Civic Type R.

The Type R's red-illuminated meter cluster features a 7-inch Drivers Information Interface (DII) that includes a range of selectable real-time information designed to support performance driving. The system can display throttle and brake application in a graphic percentage format, turbocharger boost pressure, lap time (intended for use on closed circuits) and shift lights. A graphical G-meter provides a representation of acceleration, braking and cornering forces.

Safety Performance

The 2017 Civic Type R is equipped with numerous safety and driver-assistive features. Active safety features include Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control, Advanced 4-Channel ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution (EDB), Brake Assist, LED daytime running lights, headlights and fog lights, a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, and an Indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Passive safety begins with advanced unibody engineering and construction, which includes the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure and energy-dispersing crash stroke front frame rails are employed, and additional passive-safety features include advanced front airbags (i-SRS), front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor.

Manufacturing

The 2017 Civic Type R for the U.S. market is produced exclusively in Honda's Swindon, UK plant with the engine produced in Anna, Ohio, Honda's largest automobile engine plant in in the world, using domestic and globally sourced parts.

For More Information

Additional media information including high-resolution photography of the Honda Civic Type R is available at
http://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/channels/civic-type-r. Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/civic-type-r. To join the Civic Type R community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/hondacivic.

http://hondanews.com/releases/first-ever-civic-type-r-for-america-goes-on-sale-tomorrow
Sponsored

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Nope prolly not until Thursday or Friday , tomorrow they will have the green light to put them on the transport trucks and off they go to the dealers :) means mine will be here Friday I'm siked
Very lucky! I wish I could say the same!

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Very lucky! I wish I could say the same!
Yeah I live right beside Baltimore though thats why I know mine will be here Friday , or earlier hard to tell at this point at least it finally goes on sale tomorrow awesome news means we can finalize papers

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing some pictures end of the week to early next week of member's CTRs...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well all the guys with deposits can finalize tomorrow. No doubt wr are going to hear stories of people who get screwed. Those first come first serve guys better be on the way to the dealer now

Edit: ladies too, didnt mean to leave out @TypeRMom

Last edited:

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Did you see the little 2 next to price? Scroll down says it means dealer price may vary. Yup hello ADM Lol

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
That's great news! I'm going to the dealer tomorrow. Let's see how pissed off they can make me!

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
It took a week or two for the Si to hit dealers once they announced it. Don't hold your breath guys!

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
It took a week or two for the Si to hit dealers once they announced it. Don't hold your breath guys!
The type Rs have been sitting at the Baltimore port waiting on the green light , this wasn't the case with the SI's so it's very possible

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
I mean unless you think honda is just gonna leave all the ctrs still sitting their for another week ?