SonicTman

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey LX HB, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Country flag
It's where the map lights are in this thread Vonlaser showed me how. I spliced and soldered for the harness but I haved used posi taps for tapping in the past and they work great.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/oem-microphone-with-aftermarket-radio.10998/page-3#post-234347

https://www.amazon.com/Posi-tap-Connector-20-22-Gauge-Wire/dp/B00389UT3I
Awesome, that looks pretty simple and effective. Do you have your usb hooked up and hdmi? I am thinking I will run a usb adapter to hook into the factory port and and hdmi for the mirroring effect. I have a S8 though and it uses the new USB-C connector and I believe I read some folks were having issues with it working with the radio because its not compatible with a USB-C connection. Any experience with this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
That USB adapter will be awesome! After 2 days and hours of playing around with my ASWC-1 I still can't get it to work right, Holding down my volume up button changes the radio station, my bluetooth hang up button turns the audio down, and my push to talk button changes the radio source all other buttons do no work.
First bring your ASWC inside the house and update it via USB. That way it will auto-detect. Then, while plugging it in out in the car, you have to use the supplied resistor between the brown wire and the blue/yellow wire ONLY DURING FIRST PROGRAM.
If you don't do that, auto-detect will work for everything EXCEPT track forward for some reason since it will detect as JVC.

As for the factory mic, I've been using the Kenwood one because I don't make enough phone calls to bother screwing with anything else. Kenwood microphone sucks however. Sounds like i'm far away apparently.

OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, that looks pretty simple and effective. Do you have your usb hooked up and hdmi? I am thinking I will run a usb adapter to hook into the factory port and and hdmi for the mirroring effect. I have a S8 though and it uses the new USB-C connector and I believe I read some folks were having issues with it working with the radio because its not compatible with a USB-C connection. Any experience with this?
Aftermarket radios run a standard USB 2.0 or 3.0 female plug, to which you add your USB2.0/3.0 to USB type-c cable. Works fine for me with my Kenwood. Also, see my post for the USB adapter. Its an AXTOY-USB or something like that. $7 shipped roughly.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First bring your ASWC inside the house and update it via USB. That way it will auto-detect. Then, while plugging it in out in the car, you have to use the supplied resistor between the brown wire and the blue/yellow wire ONLY DURING FIRST PROGRAM.
If you don't do that, auto-detect will work for everything EXCEPT track forward for some reason since it will detect as JVC.

As for the factory mic, I've been using the Kenwood one because I don't make enough phone calls to bother screwing with anything else. Kenwood microphone sucks however. Sounds like i'm far away apparently.
I tried doing the update last night, i brought it inside and plugged it in and it told me i'm up to date, but i wasn't told about a resistor maybe i will have to give that a try, i hope i can find it. My auto detect only made 3 buttons work and they were all incorrect buttons.

OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried doing the update last night, i brought it inside and plugged it in and it told me i'm up to date, but i wasn't told about a resistor maybe i will have to give that a try, i hope i can find it. My auto detect only made 3 buttons work and they were all incorrect buttons.
And this was with a Kenwood head unit? Super weird. In the instructions the last page talks about the resistor.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my Pioneer AVH-p8400bh today. Got a "new" ASWC-1 due to the "old" one not working with new civic.

Tried to update, computer couldn't "find" it. Auto sync didn't work. So I had to manually program it. All I could program in my Sport was Volume up and down, forward/reverse track and source. COuldn't so anything with the Left Solid white phone, middle outlined phone or the right "speak" button. Did anyone else get those to program? If so, what did you program them as?

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my Pioneer AVH-p8400bh today. Got a "new" ASWC-1 due to the "old" one not working with new civic.

Tried to update, computer couldn't "find" it. Auto sync didn't work. So I had to manually program it. All I could program in my Sport was Volume up and down, forward/reverse track and source. COuldn't so anything with the Left Solid white phone, middle outlined phone or the right "speak" button. Did anyone else get those to program? If so, what did you program them as?
I called Axxess tech support and they helped me program mine, but i noticed after the phone call that all radio buttons work on mine but none of the bluetooth buttons work...

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I called Axxess tech support and they helped me program mine, but i noticed after the phone call that all radio buttons work on mine but none of the bluetooth buttons work...
Right, thats exactly how mine is. The 3 bluetooth buttons on the left side of the steering wheel dont do anything. I tried to program them as pick up, hang up and push to talk but they wouldn't "take" so I just skipped them.

OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah none of my bluetooth buttons work either UNLESS I am specifically in the phonecall page of my radio.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah none of my bluetooth buttons work either UNLESS I am specifically in the phonecall page of my radio.
I've noticed my radio buttons work sometimes and sometimes i get in and i have no steering wheel controls i have to turn my car off and on again and then they work fine. It has happened to me about 3 times in the past week.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed my radio buttons work sometimes and sometimes i get in and i have no steering wheel controls i have to turn my car off and on again and then they work fine. It has happened to me about 3 times in the past week.
That used to happen to my '13 Honda Fit every so often. I wonder if that'll happen with my Civic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STiTCH87

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you lose for power? Sounds like you are losing ASWC memory which should be stored off the same power wire your radio uses for memory. Save a FM channel and check if that is cleared too or your radio clock.
Sponsored