armrest fabric collects too much dirt

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the first things I changed when I got this car. Got mine through ebay since it was cheap and both the leather and stitching were black.

center.jpg
Link if possible? Or what to search on ebay?
Sponsored

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Country flag
When Redlinegoods finishes making the side pieces for the center console you can order one with blue stiching. I am gonna get mine with silver stitching to match the seats.
Please post here when you see they have that available.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My biggest complaint about this car... is the DAMMMMMM Fabric!! I didn't want leather but I've never thought that this fabric was going to be a nightmare. I ride solo most of the time and sometimes I find blemishes everywhere. I don't eat in my car and such and it looks disgusting. I hate it!

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
My biggest complaint about this car... is the DAMMMMMM Fabric!! I didn't want leather but I've never thought that this fabric was going to be a nightmare. I ride solo most of the time and sometimes I find blemishes everywhere. I don't eat in my car and such and it looks disgusting. I hate it!
Need a vacuum with extensions.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A vacuum is not going to remove this. I typically use Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and spray it on a microfiber towel and wipe down these areas every few weeks and it takes them back to looking good as new. You could likely even just use a damp towel to remove.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I have one but what am talking about are like white stains in the black fabric. Like chalk.
Oh I know all about those white stains all too well. I spilled some water from plastic thermos and it left some massive white stains in the back seat. How do you get it out?

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These cars should really come with leather/vinyl in those areas anyways. This is one of the few things I really dislike about the Si, however it really isn't hard to clean it if you keep after it.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has been raining a lot today and I opened up my door to get in and rain fell on the drivers arm rest as I was shutting the door. 10 mins later after the water has dried up I got some nasty ugly water spots on the arm rest. Just 2 days previously I had cleaned it with Griots Interior cleaner. Getting tired of that lol
Sponsored