First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone notice that the armrest fabric collects a lot of dirt? I'll vacuum it and spot clean it, and in about a week there are blemishes and dirty marks again. Im wondering if anyone has had this problem and found any solutions. I was thinking about replacing the cloth with leather and i found a few kits on ebay, but what i would really like are some carbon fiber covers that match the other CF accents in the cabin.
Sponsored

pgcivic

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Yes and it drives me crazy... I want to buy those parts in leather but it's so expensive (I want to do both front doors and centre console).

TT-00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I never understood Honda's choice of using fabric on the door and console armrests. Those are wear areas. My last car (Forte SX) had cloth seats but leather where you touch like armrests, steering wheel, shift knob, etc... That just makes much more sense.

I bought an EX-L (instead of an EX-T) to avoid the crap fabric on the armrests. Of course the leather seats, steering wheel and shift knob are a nice plus.

pgcivic

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
I never understood Honda's choice of using fabric on the door and console armrests. Those are wear areas. My last car (Forte SX) had cloth seats but leather where you touch like armrests, steering wheel, shift knob, etc... That just makes much more sense.

I bought an EX-L (instead of an EX-T) to avoid the crap fabric on the armrests. Of course the leather seats, steering wheel and shift knob are a nice plus.
Thanks, this will be my next purchase once I clear my credit card!

phdninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport (SGP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TT-00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback
How was the install? Looks like you just stretch it over the existing pieces for both the door and console
They come with double sided tape, you just use the tape over the cloth then tape/stretch over the existing pieces, no sweat for install.

Yes, it does come with red stitching.

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Country flag

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks pretty great. Was it hard to get it straight? I wish I could find blue stitching. No luck with that... finding the blue hatchback was hard enough. :)
When Redlinegoods finishes making the side pieces for the center console you can order one with blue stiching. I am gonna get mine with silver stitching to match the seats.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Anyone notice that the armrest fabric collects a lot of dirt? I'll vacuum it and spot clean it, and in about a week there are blemishes and dirty marks again. Im wondering if anyone has had this problem and found any solutions. I was thinking about replacing the cloth with leather and i found a few kits on ebay, but what i would really like are some carbon fiber covers that match the other CF accents in the cabin.
That's the only thing missing on a Civic X is a small vacuum like they had that kit on the minivans and Pilots?
Sponsored