Not open for further replies.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Torque News isn't what I'd call a solid news source by any stretch, especially when all they can cite is "insider". Anyone can make news up and say they have an insider source. This site pointed out that there's no Honda press conference or presentation scheduled for LA show, which there'd likely be if a reveal was coming.

The show is in a week so we'll see soon. I think we all getting stir crazy from lack of coupe news from Honda hah.
Well, the others that fact checked the article and the source seemed to believe that it was in this case, reliable information. So hoping that all that back tracking on sources lends to some credible info.

They also called honda for a comment and were neither confirmed or denied on the fact. Which isn't an outright denial, so that's something. lol
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Torque News isn't what I'd call a solid news source by any stretch, especially when all they can cite is "insider". Anyone can make news up and say they have an insider source. This site pointed out that there's no Honda press conference or presentation scheduled for LA show, which there'd likely be if a reveal was coming.

The show is in a week so we'll see soon. I think we all getting stir crazy from lack of coupe news from Honda hah.
Stir crazy for sure. All the sedan people probably tired of us all whining but they got their dream car we still waiting and waiting. Ha

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Well, the others that fact checked the article and the source seemed to believe that it was in this case, reliable information. So hoping that all that back tracking on sources lends to some credible info.

They also called honda for a comment and were neither confirmed or denied on the fact. Which isn't an outright denial, so that's something. lol
I do believe we will see the coupe soon. But i think a Dec release date is pushing it. They are concentrating On flooding The market with sedans Of all assortments and let's face it. The sedan will be the volume sell not the coupe. Wonder what the ratio was ans will be

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do believe we will see the coupe soon. But i think a Dec release date is pushing it. They are concentrating On flooding The market with sedans Of all assortments and let's face it. The sedan will be the volume sell not the coupe. Wonder what the ratio was ans will be
Well that same argument could be used to say the coupe will make it by december no problem. They won't build nearly as many as the sedan so it shouldn't be too hard for them to dedicate production line space to the relatively small amount of coupes they'll build compared to the sedans. I'd say at latest, January but no later than that. In the past the sedan and coupe have always only been about a month apart in release.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-honda-civic-coupe-debut-los-angeles-auto-show

I believe this is the same article and I'm a little late to the ball.
I have no idea who these guys are.
They're just a general automotive news/speculation site. They've had quite a bit on the civic since it's preview with the concept. Their info is here and there in terms of being super reliable. Only reason i take any stake in this news is the fact that Autoguide called them and fact checked their "insider source" and deemed it to be a reliable source for information in this case. And honda didn't say yes or no to the news, just that "those plans haven't been made public yet" which sounds more like a yes than a no to me.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
That sounds like a no comment from Honda. At most all that says is yes there's a coupe coming at some point in the future.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Rumblings from Torrance suggest LA Auto Show for the coupe. NY for the Si. Just rumors at this point.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Ugh. #TypeR is not even up for discussion yet. :Frownface
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.