Are you still getting attention?

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was driving home early from work (0730 hours) and a 11-13 year old kid who was walking on the sidewalk to school stopped in his tracks. He had his mouth wide open and didn’t move except for turning his head as I passed by. It was like he’s seen a ghost.
You can thank forza 4 for that
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Funny i was just thinking about this. Yes and No. I would say what I really enjoy now is when I am autocrossing meeting someone who is a fan of the car and I take them out for a run.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bringing this thread back because I've had multiple reactions this week.

-sitting at a traffic light a guy told me it was his dream car.
-Exchanged "nice car" compliments with a guy driving a Focus ST in a Walmart parking lot.
-A guy in the bank parking lot complimented my car and asked how much i paid and told me how he read all about it in Car & Driver
- Exchanged thumbs ups with a guy driving a very clean (possibly modded) 240SX on the highway this morning.

Maybe I'm shallow, but I love it when this kind of stuff happens. lol
That’s because you have the right color car! :drive:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
...it's not how I'm being perceived, it's how I feel when I'm driving my CTR, and it's special / "sophisticated" every time I drive my CTR. :)

Strangely enough though, the same amount of attention these days compare to when I first got the CTR July 2017. Last Saturday I had my 70 year-old mother in the backseat, when I was picking up a turkey sub-sandwich (on Dutch Crunch). As I was waiting for the sandwich inside the store, I peak out the window. I saw two biker guys, with their biker vest, taking all sorts of pictures of my CTR. I have to say...I was pleasantly surprised.:beer:

Also, every time I have to drop off me mum at Chinatown, I have to drive thru the business/shopping/tourist districts. My god! I get way too many tourist looking at my CTR...sometimes, it's almost embarrassing when trying to turn on a busy corner, and you're following car-by-car. :confused:

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
I have only had my car for 2.5 weeks but I seem to get a lot of attention from other drivers... some good and some stupid. yesterday on the commute home got a thumbs up from a younger kid in a KIA and then had an older m3 checking out the car as he drove around me taking in every angle (LOL!!!) then I had a Charger skat back do a ricer fly by in a merging lane and from the dirt and dust he threw up in the air it appeared he waited a bit too long to merge and drove himself off the road hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I haven't driven my car, yet, this year; but when I drove it last year I could barely stop at a light without being asked about it. I have had so many people behind me taking pictures while driving that it's a bit uncomfortable, haha.
-One guy at light said I dig a good job modifying it. I said "Oh this is bone stock...it's comes from the factory like that...it's the TypeR model". He said "Oh I'm heading to the Honda dealer" LOL
-Another guy at a light said "It looks awesome...like a Hot Wheels car". I said "I guess that's a good thing" and just chuckled.
-Stopped at my Sis in Law's house and her mailman sat outside looking over my car for at least 5 mins. LOL

I don't really park my car anywhere. I don't drive it to stores or anything. I only drive to DRIVE IT. I did meet my buddy for lunch once and a probably 20+ year old stopped dead in the middle of the parking lot and sat and took pics of my car from every possible angle.

I don't mind the attention. I hate people taking pics and having my license plate...but whatever. Can't wait to break it out in a couple weeks and see what happens this year! My car is blue (the best color) so it helps. It just pops.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I haven't driven my car, yet, this year; but when I drove it last year I could barely stop at a light without being asked about it. I have had so many people behind me taking pictures while driving that it's a bit uncomfortable, haha.
-One guy at light said I dig a good job modifying it. I said "Oh this is bone stock...it's comes from the factory like that...it's the TypeR model". He said "Oh I'm heading to the Honda dealer" LOL
-Another guy at a light said "It looks awesome...like a Hot Wheels car". I said "I guess that's a good thing" and just chuckled.
-Stopped at my Sis in Law's house and her mailman sat outside looking over my car for at least 5 mins. LOL

I don't really park my car anywhere. I don't drive it to stores or anything. I only drive to DRIVE IT. I did meet my buddy for lunch once and a probably 20+ year old stopped dead in the middle of the parking lot and sat and took pics of my car from every possible angle.

I don't mind the attention. I hate people taking pics and having my license plate...but whatever. Can't wait to break it out in a couple weeks and see what happens this year! My car is blue (the best color) so it helps. It just pops.
yup, as soon as you tell them it's "bone stock", they want to know more now :D now they know it's a serious Honda if it comes from the factory in this form. :)

Last edited:

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i always see people looking over, if not breaking their necks. i had some neighborhood kids walking by the house and talking amongst themselves saying "Yeah, thats like 80 grand"... lol... although that wasn't the most comedic thing i have heard this far. I was at the taco shop awaiting my order, and 2 dudes walked in, wanting to know whos GTR was outside. LOL

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I was cheating on my diet last week at mcdonalds and a younger dude in an FRS was behind me in the drive through taking pictures. It's a neat thing for sure, sometimes uncomfortable but I don't mind it cause the car is pretty special.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
i always see people looking over, if not breaking their necks. i had some neighborhood kids walking by the house and talking amongst themselves saying "Yeah, thats like 80 grand"... lol... although that wasn't the most comedic thing i have heard this far. I was at the taco shop awaiting my order, and 2 dudes walked in, wanting to know whos GTR was outside. LOL
I too had a couple of kids recently ask me if my car was a GTR.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
:rofl: I don't know if your serious, but this made me laugh for some reason. I eat at McDonalds all the time but I'd rarely admit it ;)
I was gonna say something about this, and didn’t, but you instead did. Because of those back of the receipt survey discounts, McDonald’s IS my diet. And I freely admit it...LOL

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get waves from other usually-Japanese car drivers (except Subaru of course). I’ve even gotten a wave from a passing GTR. Since I swapped my exhaust I do notice more people glancing over at me.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I get waves from other usually-Japanese car drivers (except Subaru of course). I’ve even gotten a wave from a passing GTR. Since I swapped my exhaust I do notice more people glancing over at me.
I wonder what issue is with the Subie's? To me, the Type R and the STI are both special, cool cars owned by the same subset of enthusiasts that love cars.

Can't we all just get along? lol
Sponsored