Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Thursday came out of the store to someone taking pictures of the R, then on Saturday a high school kid was jumping around ecstatically when he saw me drive up to a pizza place where he was getting some food, I let him check it out and sit in it and I thought he was going to explode with excitement LOL!!!!!
Did you let him drive it? Surely you did!
Sponsored

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Did you let him drive it? Surely you did!
Lol! nah... I will let someone sit in it, but driving it wont happen. I wouldn't let a kid drive it that I am not responsible for. + my 17 year old son would flip if someone else drove the car before him

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Though I do not own a Type R, I can imagine the attention the 10th Gen. Type R gets. That said, lately my S2000's are getting far too much attention, last April two "gentleman" in an old green Accord went so far as to follow me home from a car show (I was driving my 08 S2000 CR) they were the same two who had been pestering me to sell one of my S2ks? How they knew I owned 3 is irrelevant. As it just so happened, this was the one day I forgot my cellphone at home. Once I knew I was being followed, I deliberately drove past my street and sure enough they followed me every turn for turn until..... I pulled into the Police department parking lot. It was then the passenger yelled ..."Fu*k you" ...and gave me the double bird. As a result (and having a CCW), whenever I'm driving one of the the S2000's I'm now prepared. My friend Sig rides with me. Oh and I never leave home without my cell phone. Lesson learned. ;)

Last edited:

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
Though I do not own a Type R, I can imagine the attention the 10th Gen. Type R gets. That said, lately my S2000's are getting far too much attention, last April two "gentleman" in an old green Accord went so far as to follow me home from a car show (I was driving my 08 S2000 CR) they were the same two who had been pestering me to sell one of my S2ks? How they knew I owned 3 is irrelevant. As it just so happened, this was the one day I forgot my cellphone at home. Once I knew I was being followed, I deliberately drove past my street and sure enough they followed me every turn for turn until..... I pulled into the Police department parking lot. It was then the passenger yelled ..."Fu*k you" ...and gave me the double bird. As a result having a CCW, whenever I'm driving one of the the S2000's I'm now prepared. Oh and I never leave home without my cell phone. Lesson learned. ;)
why would those asshats flip you the bird and tell you to fuck off? The only reason I can think of is them casing your car, finding out where you live and then figuring out when you're not around to jack your vehicle. Degenerates at best...

Regarding getting attention? I"m sure it still does to a certain degree b/c my car is still in showroom condition even in the winter (the first winter driving it). I can't stand dirty cars so it gets washed a LOT in the winter so it is always shiny and clean. I don't take notice of people staring to be honest with you since I'm too busy thinking of other things like when to pick up family or finishing up whatever I was doing on my drive.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
I get more attention in my STI Type RA than I did my FK8.. Definitely more people wanting to race/play on the street.

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
I get more attention in my STI Type RA than I did my FK8.. Definitely more people wanting to race/play on the street.
Funny thing is buddy has an STI (non RA version) but stage 1 tuned and my FK8 beats him everytime :) It was a tough call when I was shopping for cars... STI or FK8... I like them both a lot.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
Funny thing is buddy has an STI (non RA version) but stage 1 tuned and my FK8 beats him everytime :) It was a tough call when I was shopping for cars... STI or FK8... I like them both a lot.
Oh no doubt the FK8 will clobber an STI.. Only advantage it would have would be on loose surface.. I switched to the STI Type RA because of the more mechanical feel of the car.. Hydraulic steering.. Easier to heel toe (FK8 pedals are kinda far.. even for my 13W's).. Easier to see out of.. Infotainment isn't Skynet'd into the rest of the car.. It's like an old school 90's/early 00's car.. Oh and of course it sounds MILES better than my FK8, which had a Martelius CBE.. And Im bougie af and like having something that's 1/500 lol..

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I still get looks and comments. One of the plumbers the other day who was doing some work on my basement water pipes for instance. Two dudes when I was leaving the gym today--kept swiveling to watch me drive out of the lot. I've had folks at stop lights roll down their windows and say "nice car" and stuff like that.

Of course, there are also the guys (always guys, usually young) who pull up next to me in some ragged-out hooptie with a Maxwell House can for an exhaust and rev their engines and gesture. Those I ignore.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I still get plenty of attention everywhere I go. It's like a magnet for mustangs and F150's who want to race.

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Rocky gets lots of attention of always, but the cutest attention is from kids, especially young kids. I often wonder how they see the car; like a Transformer or something from CARS I imagine.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Rocky gets lots of attention of always, but the cutest attention is from kids, especially young kids. I often wonder how they see the car; like a Transformer or something from CARS I imagine.
I get a lot of good vibes and "hey nice car" from the previous generation. Love to hear it.

Reactions: B$$

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
I can always tell how cool a car is when you see a little kid looking over at it with excitement. The R is one of those cars that I just think won't ever go out of style. It looks like such a cool blown up version of a hot wheel. Still a ton of attention anywhere we go for the R. Love to see it.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've mentioned that while my car was in the shop I rented a big old Charger and I've never felt more relaxed, anonymous and unnoticed by the Race Boys (TM). This car at times get too much attention at red lights-from everybody wanting to see if I'll try to keep up with them. Even minivans....

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Tell that to the Rice Modders, I'm sure they'll listen attentively with their stanced out , winged out, fart canned out worn out Hondas.