tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I get waves from other usually-Japanese car drivers (except Subaru of course). I’ve even gotten a wave from a passing GTR. Since I swapped my exhaust I do notice more people glancing over at me.
I’ve got a thumbs up from a WRX a couple days ago. A BRZ as well.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
The day I brought it home I was at a left turn waiting to go into my neighborhood and a WRX was going the opposite direction, his window was half down and he turned his head as if in slow motion to look at the R lol I have only had the car 3 days so it should be interesting as time goes on

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
3 weeks ago I was parking in front of Starbucks store to get me some coffee and lady with SUV full of kids pulls up and parks next to me, she said to the kids "oh look at this , it's new GTR" and this 5-6 year old boy was "mooooom that's not GTR it is new Civic Type R" and he did facepalm :doh: lol When we got out, they were packing back in the car and I asked the little guy if he wants to check it out and I let him sit inside in drivers seat, I never seen anyone so happy. I'm pretty sure little guy wont ever forget it

Haven't drove it that much yet (got mine 3 days before new years) but as i drove it couple times had couple people take pics and usual thumbs up. I don't mind the attention , I mean I knew it is gonna get attention before I bought it , just look at those aero bits on it :spaz:

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
:rofl: I don't know if your serious, but this made me laugh for some reason. I eat at McDonalds all the time but I'd rarely admit it ;)
lol I try to stay away from fast food for the most part, I still slip in a cheeseburger or 2 every now and then :D

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I wonder what issue is with the Subie's? To me, the Type R and the STI are both special, cool cars owned by the same subset of enthusiasts that love cars.

Can't we all just get along? lol
:doh: lol When we got out, they were packing back in the car and I asked the little guy if he wants to check it out and I let him sit inside in drivers seat, I never seen anyone so happy. I'm pretty sure little guy wont ever forget it
That's awesome that you let him sit in it. Very cool.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most WRX/STi owners give me a dirty look - not sure why - but I have seen a few that have stared.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Most WRX/STi owners give me a dirty look - not sure why - but I have seen a few that have stared.
Yeah, our cars are equally as fast, but the STI uses 70% more gas. Don't know why they would give you a dirty look. Perhaps it's because our cars look twice as crazy and only half as ugly.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get a lot of attention still.

I have still only seen one other CTR on the road in the last 5 months.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Kids know this car. I think that's very good news for future value.

Yessir, don’t get me wrong but I secretly hope they kill the Type R in the US after FK8 so in 10-15 years it is as rare as Integra Type R that was sold here lol and of course they would hold up the value really good if that will be the case

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Yessir, don’t get me wrong but I secretly hope they kill the Type R in the US after FK8 so in 10-15 years it is as rare as Integra Type R that was sold here lol and of course they would hold up the value really good if that will be the case
Hope they continue the CTR and have it made in America. Better quality/fitment and I'll trade in the current CTR for the new.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I once rolled up at a traffic light and noticed a Honda Integra with two guys having a chat two lanes down. I was looking at them until one of them turned around and said 'Woah! we were just talking about the new Type R, I turn around and its right there! They were then complimenting the car and asking if I'm enjoying it and if its fast until the light went green and went our ways.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think these cars are relatively rare. I was at advanced auto parts purchasing something and two difference gentlemen approached me to compliment the car. Thought it was pretty cool. I went to a job site with my Type R and these three large individuals start walking straight to my car and i was on edge, as soon as I get out of my car they start telling me how clean and amazing it looks. One guys said he was seriously considering one. Pretty cool feeling though.
Sponsored