Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
For those of you who are actual buyers, when are you buying your R?
Sponsored

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
As soon as my dealer calls , I will give the STI 1 last romp on my way to the dealership lol & I will drop what I'm doing or leave work.. my sales manager said this week ( but I doubt it ) or possibly next week , whitch I really hope so. Fingers crossed

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is slated for 6/14, if it comes in at that time.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I'm buying in the first 3 months if i can get it for msrp. If I can't get it before mid summer... I can wait till next spring. No point buying a fun car and won't be able to enjoy it due to winter. Or it could kinda be like the Focus RS, after I started reading real owners experiences I was turned off by it. I have a cheap fun to drive beater at the moment, in no hurry to get in to debt.

Last edited:

mabuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on the fence between just getting an Si or blowing the extra wad on an R, but I won't be in the market until at least this time next year anyways. That gives me time to see other peoples' opinions and crap, and I'm hoping that having to wait a year or more from launch will calm the demand on both and I can get whichever car I end up with for a decent price as I won't pay ADM.

Does anyone have any idea how long the R will be in production? I'm guessing as long as it sells well, but do you think they'll interrupt production after a couple of years to try and keep demand up for another R launch later?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'll get it when a dealer tells me it's available!

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Well I guess as soon as one of the three dealers that took my damn money calls with the color I want.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Dealer called yesterday to let me know eta is 6/8-6/12 I'll be driving 3 hours to pick er up in Black !!

George

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Integra Type R (sold)
Country flag
For the life of me, I can't locate a CW anywhere at MSRP. If I could, I'd grab it the day the dealer could sell it to me.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
For the life of me, I can't locate a CW anywhere at MSRP. If I could, I'd grab it the day the dealer could sell it to me.
Yea I gave up on finding a CW, so I grabbed black.

Dealer just called me and asked if I want Red or Black and has to know by the end of today's business...grrr I can't make up my mind lol

I'm leaning towards red, I want some contrast on the car, but on the other hand red is very flashy and I'm almost 42 yrs. old. Part of me says who gives a damn how old you are, because deep down I'm still a kid at heart. I also don't want the headache of constantly keeping it clean because I'm very particular about my cars.

Last edited:

|-Goku-|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed3
Country flag
I'm buying in the first 3 months if i can get it for msrp. If I can't get it before mid summer... I can wait till next spring. No point buying a fun car and won't be able to enjoy it due to winter. Or it could kinda be like the Focus RS, after I started reading real owners experiences I was turned off by it. I have a cheap fun to drive beater at the moment, in no hurry to get in to debt.
Im curious what you read about it to turn you off of it?

I test drove an RS over the weekend, and I really enjoyed the drive. Although, I do know of the critical reviews of the RDU and overheating. I don't track, so that wouldn't be a concern.

Just curious is all :)

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Im curious what you read about it to turn you off of it?

I test drove an RS over the weekend, and I really enjoyed the drive. Although, I do know of the critical reviews of the RDU and overheating. I don't track, so that wouldn't be a concern.

Just curious is all :)
Just few things.

1. Focus feels outdated, inside and out. Chassis goes all the way back the the mid 2000's. This is still using the same chassis as the first gen mazda3, volvo s40. Civic is now just in its new platform and it shows.

2. Ford and replacement parts for the RS, there are few RS waiting for new steering racks or body parts thats been sitting at the dealer for weeks or months. There are few issues nothing serious like constant lubing of axles to keep from making noise that there is no permanent fix for.

3. lack of top end. Engine is so linear with no excitement or character, even though the car is quick it never feels quick as it should. Also 350hp should be really trap faster than 103mph that most reviews have been getting.

4. driving position, seats are just too high and angle to the feet is awkward.

5. Interior feels way too cramped and backseats are awful

6. When driven normally, car feels heavy, unresponsive. Just not special.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I'll need to test drive it first to see if it's worth making a lateral move from my STI. If not, I'll probably be looking at something a bit more low-key like an S5 Sportback or V60 Polestar.
Sponsored