Are the stock tires really this noisy???

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
19 EX coupe with Continentals and it's no concern at all. Great tires. I will say it depends a lot on the road surface itself. Fairly new surface and they are super quiet.
I agree. The road surface is everything with the Continentals.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I had stock 17's with Continental all seasons, my '19 hatch EX was very quiet on most road surfaces. Grooved or rougher surfaces and they bellowed. Then switched to the Si 18's with the Goodyear Eagle Sport all seasons and unless the roads were fairly smooth, they were noisy. Then recently, I got a set of Si wheels (again) but then time I had Falken ZIEX960 all seasons put on them and surprisingly these are way quieter than the Goodyears and about as good as the stock Contis on all surfaces. But best part, the Falkens have seemingly performed better in every aspect over the stock tires.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I have no issue with road noise and I consider the car very quiet inside. I have floor mats that were advertised as sound dampening, the OEM cargo tray, cargo net on top of it and I always carry a couple of small moving blankets over the hatch area which are useful to stabilize any items I might carry. I'm a fan of Michelin, but no complaints so far against the ContiProContact tires.

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Stickier tires will make it worse lol, and on top of that give it a rougher ride because it’s more planted to the road.. what you need is sound deadening. The conti. stock tires weren’t bad for me, but then again I don’t care much for road noise or rough rides. If I’m planted with summer tires and can corner aggressively I’m happy. Plus how else am I going to hear that exhaust with a lot of sound deadening :beer:
i had the original continental tires with 30k on them ,the dealer recommended Goodyear eagle sport a s but I could now feel every imperfection on the road so the dealer replaced them with Bridgestone potentza which are a bit more quite but really makes the car feel sportier imo
Sponsored