Are the OEM splash guards helpful at all?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I have the LX and in Canada it comes with the front splash guards but not the rear. I'm on the fence of either buying the rear splash guards or removing the front since I don't like having one without the other.

Has anyone who had the splash guards removed theirs and found much of a difference, or anyone without splash guards from the get go have a problem with dirt / mud / road salt?

Anyone not have them and install them and notice a difference?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Its honestly more for comestic purposes. The oem mud guards dont cover enough to protect. You are better off with armorguard mudflaps. I have the oem guards and they don't do much other than look pretty

AndreiMR

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Agreed. I installed the OEM rear flaps. It was dead simple to do -- I downloaded installation instructions off of the College Hills Honda website and used a ratchet with a Philip's head from Canadian Tire. Quite pretty. Utterly functionless.

Honda Canada lists it at $63.02, but you can always get it 10% cheaper.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Look at the panel behind the wheel of almost any C6 Corvette without splash guards and you will see the paint is lightly sandblasted at the bottom. I noticed it on my Vette from the previous owner and promptly added them.
I'm sure the Honda guards will help this also.

OP
OP
CobraCommand

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Honda Canada lists it at $63.02, but you can always get it 10% cheaper.
Hmm that would be my Tims run in the morning. No real sales around me right now though, does Honda Canada have accessory sales often?

AndreiMR

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Hmm that would be my Tims run in the morning. No real sales around me right now though, does Honda Canada have accessory sales often?
I'm sorry, but I don't really know. I always haggle.

I called around a bunch of dealerships' parts departments and asked for discounts on the flaps. They all give different numbers for the original price for the same part and claim the number comes from Honda Canada. The lowest price I was quoted was 63.02, and I basically asked for a discount. I have found that they are always able to give 10% on anything -- including service -- so if you are ever refused the discount, you should walk away if you can.
Sponsored