are LED headlights simple to install?

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Considering getting LED headlights over the summer but not sure which ones to get or if they are a simple install. I know morimoto sells affordable ones. Do I need new headlights? New projector or reflector housings? Looking at LEDS online they don’t tell me much about what I would need. Not looking to blind people either despite the fact that no one else seems to give a shit as I’m constantly blinded by some asshole tailgating me.
Sponsored

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
I purchased the Hikari Ultras from Amazon they are really good LEDs for the money and have a great cut off line no blinding in coming traffic. You need the H11 for headlights no matter what bulb you go with. It’ll literally take you two minutes to install you just switch out the bulbs.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
i recommend a nice set of HID over LED, they are better during rainy and foggy months, just about same installation process and many places to safely mount their ballast

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PNP

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It takes about 30 second per side. About as easy as it gets.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
It takes about 30 second per side. About as easy as it gets.
Well now I visited other threads and they say it’s not plug and play and you need fans and projectors and shit. Lol now I don’t know what to think

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well now I visited other threads and they say it’s not plug and play and you need fans and projectors and shit. Lol now I don’t know what to think
It's plug and play. You twist the old bulb out, and twist the new bulb in. There are different kinds of LED bulbs that you can buy. Some have fans and some don't - either way, you twist it in the opposite way you took the old ones out. HIDs are a bit different in that you have to mount a ballast, but LEDs are straightforward.

Unless you have the Touring (in which case you already have LEDs), then your headlights are already projectors. Highbeams are still reflectors, but there's no need to replace high beams with LEDs.

chiggah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5TC
Country flag
Is it necessary to disconnect the battery prior to replacing LEDs ?