Are HELM shop manuals & Supplements available (yet)?

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have OWNER’s manual (which I received by mail), but need the SERVICE/REPAIR manual.

From what I can tell, the only option is online at $10/day, $350/year, etc . I’m looking for a more reasonable option
I apologize, I wasn't responding to your repair manual question. I was passing along the information about receiving the wrong books, which I got yesterday. To your question, you found the answer. You need to subscribe to an online repair manual like Alldata to get the repair manual. How many pages? Probably 100's.

@Plombhpa Not the service manual. These are for the owner's manual, warranty and navigation books that are complimentary with the purchase of your vehicle for the first 6 months. They are printed copies rather than web based.

I called Helm last summer, because I have their manuals for other vehicles. The Helm representative told me that Honda has not given permission to print any service/repair manuals for any of the new products. Nothing is expected.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
I ordered manuals from them. They sent me manuals for a Civic sedan!! I told them I have a Civic Type R. Gave them my VIN and then they sent me a manual for the Civic Hatchback!! I can’t win for trying.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered manuals from them. They sent me manuals for a Civic sedan!! I told them I have a Civic Type R. Gave them my VIN and then they sent me a manual for the Civic Hatchback!! I can’t win for trying.
I believe the hatchback is the correct owner's manual. :dunno:

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does anyone have access to the HELM service manual?

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Does anyone have access to the HELM service manual?
As stated before in this thread, there is no HELM service manual anymore. Honda switched over completely to the service site which is $10 for a day. There are 1000s of pages of information so I'm not really that surprised...
I've done 2 1-day subscriptions so far and here is what I know.

1. You can download/print PDF versions of instructions for things as you find them.
2. The Ts&Cs state that excessive download of the PDFs will get your account revoked/blocked.

There's only so much that I ever plan to do myself so I downloaded the things I care about.

Honestly, $10 a day isn't bad for access to any Honda model/year with searchable instructions.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
someone could probably script a screenshot macro to save the entire manual. Would probably take a while though.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
That'll get your IP/account blocked pretty quickly.
Would it though? I'm not sure how these services work. Are these just web pages or some sort of electronic viewer of a manual?

Unless they install some agent on your computer, they wouldnt know you're screenshotting or saving pages. The only other way would be to watch your page requests and if they're timed too perfectly they might lock you out. But at the same time, whats to say you're not just flipping through the entire manual that you paid access for?

For those that really want it, just pay for the day...and do whatever with what's on your screen imo.

Last edited:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Would it though? I'm not sure how these services work. Are these just web pages or some sort of electronic viewer of a manual?

Unless they install some agent on your computer, they wouldnt know you're screenshotting or saving pages. The only other way would be to watch your page requests and if they're timed too perfectly they might lock you out. But at the same time, whats to say you're not just flipping through the entire manual that you paid access for?

For those that really want it, just pay for the day...and do whatever with what's on your screen imo.
What I did was pay for one day's access, then I had a list written down of all the typical maintenance stuff that I have ever done on my cars. So front and rear brakes, oil, belts, coolant, etc, etc. The webapp has a function to print out pages, and I printed them to pdf for the future.

When you sign up in the EULA, I seem to remember them explicitly warning you they will punish your account if they catch you mass-downloading the whole manual.

edit: I see that others have stated exactly what I said above. :) So I'm just repeating what they said.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

Unless you delay every download by a certain number of seconds, they'll know it was an automated grab. If you send hundreds of requests within a second they'll detect it, but might not do anything about it. If you continue doing it they may just block you. They can't detect a screen grab, but they can detect that you've loaded and requested a page. That statement of blocking is essentially just saying don't automatically download a huge portion of the manual, use what you need and get out. Do more than that and they'll cut you off.

The action of scripting downloads of pages (if you download enough) will look like a very low grade DDOS attack.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Gotcha. I found a site that had the whole thing in PDF and downloaded 200mb of it. It's a little hard to follow cause it has the other civic trims too but it will work.

godblessef8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 AP2 & 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Gotcha. I found a site that had the whole thing in PDF and downloaded 200mb of it. It's a little hard to follow cause it has the other civic trims too but it will work.
Care to share ?