Apple CarPlay not working

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Not sure if this has already been said, my iPhone did an update today and my CarPlay doesn't work anymore. Anyone had this happened????

I rebooted the system and my phone but doesn’t seem to be working? I’m not tech savvy or anything, but can the update not be compatible with the CarPlay in my 16 civic?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Not sure if this has already been said, my iPhone did an update today and my CarPlay doesn't work anymore. Anyone had this happened????

I rebooted the system and my phone but doesn’t seem to be working? I’m not tech savvy or anything, but can the update not be compatible with the CarPlay in my 16 civic?
What version of iOS? There is also a TSB for some Civic models out there that deals with CarPlay connection issues TSB 18-001 I believe.

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
Make sure CarPlay automatic start switch is OFF. May have something to do with it, may not. But worth a try. Worked for me when I had the exact same problem. Also make sure you swap cables. The tiny metal pins on the cable tip that connect inside your lightning port can get mucked up or slightly damaged or bent which can cause intermittent problems.

OP
OP
Daniel776

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What version of iOS? There is also a TSB for some Civic models out there that deals with CarPlay connection issues TSB 18-001 I believe.
IOS 12.4

Make sure CarPlay automatic start switch is OFF. May have something to do with it, may not. But worth a try. Worked for me when I had the exact same problem. Also make sure you swap cables. The tiny metal pins on the cable tip that connect inside your lightning port can get mucked up or slightly damaged or bent which can cause intermittent problems.
I did try this, but it didn't work, first thing I did was change the cable, then rebooted the system, and finally my phone, I called HONDA and my dealer said they don't really have support for it, since is a third party service ... so we will find out what happens.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
IOS 12.4

I did try this, but it didn't work, first thing I did was change the cable, then rebooted the system, and finally my phone, I called HONDA and my dealer said they don't really have support for it, since is a third party service ... so we will find out what happens.
Have you done the TSB in my quote? When I moved from iOS 11 to iOS 12 (beta) last year I had the same issue with my CTR. Turns out there was already an issue on the head unit for CarPlay issues in 2017 (my car was a 2018 that was affected still). Went to the dealer, told them about it, told them there was a TSB. They made sure to confirm the issue wasn't on my end, found the TSB and updated the firmware in the head unit to fix the issue.

The only reason why I asked for the iOS version was because iOS 13 has some small bugs with CarPlay.

Jfuston

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thank you all for this thread and your replies. I looked into getting this done based on the service bulletin ($159?? Ouch) but I wanted to see if any of you have a ktuner tube on your car. Should I flash back to stock before I go get it done? Thoughts?
Sponsored