Apple CarPlay issues

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
First, using the podcasts app, I noticed that some of them just won't play. They are actually playing, but no sound. If I unplug my iPhone, it works fine. Tested with the "How did this get made?" podcast and like 50% of the episodes do not work.

Second, sometimes the text message notifications pop up on the screen, and sometimes they don't. Seems to be random.

Any ideas? I'm running the latest OS on iPhone 6s, but it was doing the same thing with a regular iPhone 6 since I got the car. Maybe a software update on the display?
Sponsored

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
I've had similar issues with my iPhone 6, podcasts not playing. I switched to Overcast app and haven't had any issues. I also had an issue with a voice mail not playing. It appeared to play, but there was no audio.

Kroms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm using downcast and no problems. It's not 'approved' so wont display the icon on CarPlay, but when I press play in the app, it CarPlay does show what the audio information, track title, length etc.

OP
OP

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I guess that is an option for now. I hope they fix whatever it is. Thinking about it, it has only happened with that one series. Annoying though. Last night out of nowhere CarPlay gave me an error saying check usb connection. I am now feeling everyone else's pain with the infotainment system.
Sponsored