Apex EC-7 18x9.5

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Has anyone looked into these? They have +58 & +43 available although the 58s may need a spacer to clear strut.
I would love to see how these look & perform mounted
Sponsored

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Has anyone looked into these? They have +58 & +43 available although the 58s may need a spacer to clear strut.
I would love to see how these look & perform mounted
+58

The contact patch with those specs seems to fit perfectly to the stock sizing. https://www.willtheyfit.com

The wheel itself seems to sit a bit further in which is amazing because most offsets have the wheel bulging away from the stock specs.

OP
OP
flacobill

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually called them and spoke to Dillon, a tech rep there. He said +58 would need a spacer so instead he recommended the +43 as a direct bolt on using 265/35 tires.
Even though the +58 is almost an exact match to the stock ctr offset, I’m guessing they will hit the struts because of the wider EC-7 rim. These also come with a 72.56 hub bore so hubcentric rings will also be needed.
These are flow formed making them really light & strong at a reasonable price. A plus is the concave look.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Thank you for the email. We would recommend the following fitment for your Civic Type R. Unfortunately, the ARC-8 does not provide enough inner brake clearance to clear the large Brembo system that is on the CTR. We would recommend the EC-7 for your application:

18" Square:
18x9.5” ET43 - 265/35-18

The ET58 is a bit too conservative on the CTR and you will have issues with suspension clearance. We would also recommend this fitment for your E46 M3, but with a 12mm spacer up front and an 18mm spacer in the rear for the most flush fitment possible.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Best,

Max Kamal - BMW Product Expert
APEX Race Parts
Web | Instagram | Facebook

lol I guess I can use this wheel on both of my cars.

OP
OP
flacobill

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for the email. We would recommend the following fitment for your Civic Type R. Unfortunately, the ARC-8 does not provide enough inner brake clearance to clear the large Brembo system that is on the CTR. We would recommend the EC-7 for your application:

18" Square:
18x9.5” ET43 - 265/35-18

The ET58 is a bit too conservative on the CTR and you will have issues with suspension clearance. We would also recommend this fitment for your E46 M3, but with a 12mm spacer up front and an 18mm spacer in the rear for the most flush fitment possible.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Best,

APEX Race Parts

Thanks for your response Erbee!
Would you happen to have a pic gallery or better yet a CTR with with EC7 mounted??

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

18" Square:
18x9.5” ET43 - 265/35-18

Best,

APEX Race Parts

I bought a set of Bimmerworld 18x9 ET42 wheels. Forged and they're only $1500. I test fitted a set of CCW's from a buddy with the same specs from his E46 and they fit the CTR. I'll post an update once I get everything.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Konig said those wheels wouldn't fit either... I did speak to them about it. Now we haven't had someone physically try it though and who knows it may clear fine!

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
and I apologize for the thread highjack...I thought this was the aftermarket wheel thread :dunno:

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a set of Bimmerworld 18x9 ET42 wheels. Forged and they're only $1500. I test fitted a set of CCW's from a buddy with the same specs from his E46 and they fit the CTR. I'll post an update once I get everything.
Know the weight on those?? They look perfect! Right side and the offset is high enough to be pretty close to the same contact patch.

Edit... weight = 18.2 lbs

Awesome find btw!

** info on the bimmerworld rims **

ubject: TA16 wheel questions

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out about the TA16 wheels. I should be able to help with all of your questions!

1. Weight on that specific wheel [18x9.5 ET35] is 18.55 lbs

2. These are in fact produced in China which is why we were able to get them produced and offer them at the price that historically was unheard of for a forged wheel. Of course you can get a range of quality from China but with the right effort and work, and a healthy dose of monitoring you can get very high-end pieces as well. These are produced in a modern factory using quality equipment.

The 6061 alloy is pressed 3 times. The initial is a 10k ton press to squeeze the aluminum into a disc. It is then pressed again to form the area to prepare for width extrusion. Then the others are extruded to desired width.

Of course the inherent advantage of a forged wheel is that you're using higher end materials and the manufacturing process is more consistent besides casting and flow forming since you do not have to deal with the porosity in the structure

The wheels are machined using a CNC to acheive the final shape.

The factory these are produced in is ISO 9001 Certified. And as an FYI - that certification will focus more on the auditing process and not necessarily how the wheel performs. Durability and strength testing (which this factory does) is the most important.

3. The wheels will have a 1 year warranty that they will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and reasonable use. If you get in an accident or make contact on track etc they would not be covered under warranty.

4. No plans of stopping on these wheels. Actually moving forward with some additional fitments so these wheels will be available in the future.

Last edited:

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Know the weight on those?? They look perfect! Right side and the offset is high enough to be pretty close to the same contact patch.

Edit... weight = 18.2 lbs

Awesome find btw!

** info on the bimmerworld rims **

ubject: TA16 wheel questions

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out about the TA16 wheels. I should be able to help with all of your questions!

1. Weight on that specific wheel [18x9.5 ET35] is 18.55 lbs

2. These are in fact produced in China which is why we were able to get them produced and offer them at the price that historically was unheard of for a forged wheel. Of course you can get a range of quality from China but with the right effort and work, and a healthy dose of monitoring you can get very high-end pieces as well. These are produced in a modern factory using quality equipment.

The 6061 alloy is pressed 3 times. The initial is a 10k ton press to squeeze the aluminum into a disc. It is then pressed again to form the area to prepare for width extrusion. Then the others are extruded to desired width.

Of course the inherent advantage of a forged wheel is that you're using higher end materials and the manufacturing process is more consistent besides casting and flow forming since you do not have to deal with the porosity in the structure

The wheels are machined using a CNC to acheive the final shape.

The factory these are produced in is ISO 9001 Certified. And as an FYI - that certification will focus more on the auditing process and not necessarily how the wheel performs. Durability and strength testing (which this factory does) is the most important.

3. The wheels will have a 1 year warranty that they will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and reasonable use. If you get in an accident or make contact on track etc they would not be covered under warranty.

4. No plans of stopping on these wheels. Actually moving forward with some additional fitments so these wheels will be available in the future.
Yea. there's a 20% sale on them right now. I bought them via rogue engineering - they sell at the same price but free shipping. Only black is available, gunmetal is sold out in our offset.

I should be getting them by thursday/friday along with tires (I went with 255/40/18 RE71R's). I have the aluminum hub rings that converts it from 72.56 down to our 64.1MM (don't quote me on the exact MM). You'll also need conical nuts which you can buy from motorsporthardware. I have a feeling these are made in the same factory as the titan7 wheels, a lot of the features are in both wheels. I was going to get TS5 but the next batch isn't coming till May, and who knows if it ends up getting stuck in customs plus whatever other delays etc.

The nice part in addition to this is when its time to sell the wheels you have the entire BMW community to sell to as well vs. CTR is more limited.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m going to contact them to see if I can put an order on hold with them till I see how they work for you! What size tires are you going with? I’m thinking with 18x9 probably 255 for the stiffest sidewall for the size.

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m going to contact them to see if I can put an order on hold with them till I see how they work for you! What size tires are you going with? I’m thinking with 18x9 probably 255 for the stiffest sidewall for the size.
I went with the 18x9 ET42 - $1536 shipped to my shop. Tires I got 255/40/18 RE71R from Discount tire direct, there is a $70 bridgestone rebate and a $50 rebate if you use the DTD credit card, slightly cheaper than Tirerack. For the wheels, call Rogue - ask for John, he's the one who helped me out.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Of course... they are sold out. Well... there are two left... actually both sellers said there are only two left so I wonder if rogue and BW are shipping from the same place or if they both only have two rims because if so then that’s easy ;)
Sponsored