Anyone with, or thinking about getting weather tech floorliners..

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For you guys that have them, have they started doing this crap.....?
I've had 5 sets under warranty through 2 different civics and they all start to roll over on the sides like this.
I'm tired of having to take them out and try and reshape them like weather tech suggests all the time.
I told them this time I don't want anymore, I want my cash back and I'll send them these back.
They have a lifetime guarantee on them so this shouldn't be a problem, but it's starting to be with them.
In addition to the sides collapsing, the passenger side never has fit right, it slides all over due to the fact that there is no anchor system at all on be this side.
I was a big supporter of them over the husky liners at first, but now after seeing how they're getting after only several months, I don't recommend them.
Maybe it's a fitment issue with the coupe, in any case, wanted to let anyone thinking about getting them see what they are doing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone with, or thinking about getting weather tech floorliners.. IMG_20191018_160818327

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone with, or thinking about getting weather tech floorliners.. IMG_20191018_160912754

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The black set I have in my sedan are still perfect.
Donā€™t know what to say, had my set in the car all through the summer since last October.
Only take ā€˜em out to clean mud & salt off and to vacuum the interior.
May be a coupe fitment thing as you suggest.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Guy I carpool with has em, I havenā€™t noticed any issues on his... I was actually thinking about getting a set for mine since the AW OEM set I have, the back set doesnā€™t stay, and folds all the time.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shoulda got Tuxmats ;)

I recall seeing more than one thread about this happening with weathertech mats.
If I recall, way back when I got them, i don't think they offered them for the coupe. I'm going to go with the maxpider ones once I ditch the weather tech this time.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guy I carpool with has em, I havenā€™t noticed any issues on his... I was actually thinking about getting a set for mine since the AW OEM set I have, the back set doesnā€™t stay, and folds all the time.
I have the rear liners also,they are a different material, and don't come up anywhere near as high on the sides as the fronts do. They fit much better, but when I have people in the back, they push the liners all up under the seats as the rear liners are only anchored on one side also.

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
Why not trying to cut the tall lip down a bit. Probably doesn't need to be that tall.
I trimmed my oem ones and they are fine now.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not trying to cut the tall lip down a bit. Probably doesn't need to be that tall.
I trimmed my oem ones and they are fine now.
Eh, that was one reason i liked them, and they are actually pretty hard, not really rubbery and would be a pain to cut.

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
I read on a Ford Powerstroke forum that a number off members had a similar issue with the Weathertech mats.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For you guys that have them, have they started doing this crap.....?
I've had 5 sets under warranty through 2 different civics and they all start to roll over on the sides like this.
I'm tired of having to take them out and try and reshape them like weather tech suggests all the time.
I told them this time I don't want anymore, I want my cash back and I'll send them these back.
They have a lifetime guarantee on them so this shouldn't be a problem, but it's starting to be with them.
In addition to the sides collapsing, the passenger side never has fit right, it slides all over due to the fact that there is no anchor system at all on be this side.
I was a big supporter of them over the husky liners at first, but now after seeing how they're getting after only several months, I don't recommend them.
Maybe it's a fitment issue with the coupe, in any case, wanted to let anyone thinking about getting them see what they are doing.

IMG_20191018_160818327.jpg

IMG_20191018_160912754.jpg
I saw this once before here on these forums. I have the Husky floor mats and havent had a single issue with mine.

JonnyFlash

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I got the 3D Maxpider mats and have been very happy with them. A much better fit than weather tech and they look so much nicer in my opinion.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I had my husky for a year and not a single problem with them. Do you happen to live in an area where it's really hot?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my husky for a year and not a single problem with them. Do you happen to live in an area where it's really hot?
Yea,it can get pretty hot here. Temps reached about 130 degrees inside the car this year.