Anyone who sees snow, how is your Civic performing?

Is your CivicX good in the snow?

• Total voters

khnovak10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is first winter with the CivicX. And coming from an 10' Audi A4 Quattro, I have to say, that the snow performance for the Civic is not great compared to the Audi. Most likely because the Audi was all wheel drive, but I feel maybe the stock firestones arent the greatest tires. Anyone have opinions on how their civics are doing in the snow?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It's not Canada's best selling car for 19 years in a row because it's a poor performer in adverse weather. With that said, I run winter tires (WS80) and I'm surprised you haven't bothered since you're in OH...

Last edited:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Definitely not as good as my 2003 Accord EX V6. The lower profile tires on the Civic don't help. Accord tires were Michelin Primacy all seasons. They had great winter performance. I thought about getting actual winters for the Civic but never got around to it. O well.

zonka81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan LSM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From North Dakota and haven't swapped from summer tires. Haven't had any problem with snow or ice during 3 snowstorms/blizzards so far this winter.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
so far so good, but i am running winter tires on steel wheels from tirerack. very happy with the way it handled on my way to work before the plow trucks were out.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I usually try to stick with OEM for the first year but stock isn't exactly the greatest. Makes no sense for me to spend money knowing I have what 6 weeks of winter left.

Worst case I take my Murano if I have too.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I usually try to stick with OEM for the first year but stock isn't exactly the greatest. Makes no sense for me to spend money knowing I have what 6 weeks of winter left.

Once spring hits and you see the pitting and the damage winter does to your 18s you'll regret not having a sacrificial set of wheels to beat the shit out of even for 6 weeks.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once spring hits and you see the pitting and the damage winter does to your 18s you'll regret not having a sacrificial set of wheels to beat the shit out of even for 6 weeks.
I plan to wax the shit out of those 18's. Like I said it doesn't have to see snow if I don't want to.

Following the 7 day forecast.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I plan to wax the shit out of those 18's. Like I said it doesn't have to see snow if I don't want to.

Following the 7 day forecast.
You better be prepared to garage it... When I had my 2014 EX (which the construction and finish of the wheel is essentially the same). I drove it for one very mild winter here in Calgary first year I owned it. When I did my big detail in spring, lots of pitting and streak marks. Dust that you couldn't get out of the spokes and it was a nightmare when you looked close up. I was afraid to wax because I didn't know what regular detailing stuff would do to the wheels.

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Haha, I wish I could say the same about Calgary...the fucking city that gives you 28 degree springs but also brings snow in September.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You better be prepared to garage it... When I had my 2014 EX (which the construction and finish of the wheel is essentially the same). I drove it for one very mild winter here in Calgary first year I owned it. When I did my big detail in spring, lots of pitting and streak marks. Dust that you couldn't get out of the spokes and it was a nightmare when you looked close up. I was afraid to wax because I didn't know what regular detailing stuff would do to the wheels.
Garage it. I still can't believe my boy stored his 2016 Coupe Touring. That is what I will never do. If it happens it happens.

When I had my ENKEI PF01 (summers) no matter how much I take care of it got messed by rock chips which I didn't even know was possible. It was so bad over the years I got them Powder Coated.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Only thing I miss is a hand brake if you catch my drift! ;)With the winter tires on it performes well enough so far here in Ontario, not much of a winter so far though.

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I live in NC, and we have only had one day of snow, but we had about 8". I live down a half-mile dirt road that's uphill to the main road. Given enough momentum, and turning traction control off to get started, I had no problems at all. I used to live in Ohio where they get a ton of snow, so maybe it's just experience.
Sponsored