Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I went basic because all I really wanted was Hondata on the screen. Worth paying $10 for that one mod.
Sponsored

atticusfit

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit Honda Civic Sport Touring
Just installed Honda hack. Can someone correct me but I thought I could use browser while driver is that not possible? And I get the “this not avaible....” message on everything but Netflix

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I got the Honda Hack installed yesterday, its working fine.

I also purchased the Infotainment system update on the usb drive, my question is will running this update remove the Honda Hack? If it does can i use the same code received to re install it?

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I got the Honda Hack installed yesterday, its working fine.

I also purchased the Infotainment system update on the usb drive, my question is will running this update remove the Honda Hack? If it does can i use the same code received to re install it?
I don't know. But usually OS/firmware updates involves replacing system files. So I would expect that it would do so, and there for end up with a broken experience if only some files were changed, or undo the hack by having all files replaced. That is usually. Now if the hack is only configuration files changes, then it might be able to update without affecting the hack. It really depends on how the hack was done. I would ask the creator of it, codeage (he/she is not on this forum), if I am not mistaken.

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't know. But usually OS/firmware updates involves replacing system files. So I would expect that it would do so, and there for end up with a broken experience if only some files were changed, or undo the hack by having all files replaced. That is usually. Now if the hack is only configuration files changes, then it might be able to update without affecting the hack. It really depends on how the hack was done. I would ask the creator of it, codeage (he/she is not on this forum), if I am not mistaken.
Ok cool I email codeage.

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
They responded pretty quick, they state it shouldn't be an issue but I can remove it and use the same code initially to re install Honda Hack after updating the infotainment system.

BIGSx420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-L
I was thinking about doing this, but I've been using carbridge which is a basically carplay w/o restriction. Only thing is that the phone must be plugged in since the Civic doesn't support wireless carplay.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone try the new GUI one-click-root version of "Honda Hack?" IMG_6713.JPG

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I've tried searching but come up with not much. Is there a way to root the headunit, install Torque Pro on the headunit and pair and OBD2 dongle directly to the headunit?

Or pair a generic OBD2 dongle and use the Tunerview Lite app?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
waiting for a real root to happen on the 2018 not no hondahack bs , probably reading my emails after installing this software

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can Waze be used without an internet connection for basic navigation, not searching for POI's etc. ?

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Is your date safe in your phone? I mean is there a possibility that they can hack your phone too once you connect it?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can Waze be used without an internet connection for basic navigation, not searching for POI's etc. ?
Waze does require an internet connection, at least to start the navigation. If you connect to internet, open waze, start navigation and disconnect from internet it will remember you route and display nav to get there. However, if you turn the car off it can lose the route. With it offline you will not get any traffic updates, police notifications, accidents, or any of the updates along your route.

Waze is SLOW directly on the headunit, plus no direction info on drivers display. It work best through Android Auto.

I really only take advantage of the Honda Hack for Tuner view Lite, and Netflix.
Sponsored