turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
What is the difference between unlocking the developer mode and buying the basic honda hack to get a passcode? I'm not very computer friendly, I know just enough to get by at work. Can I unlock the developer mode and still be able to download apps like waze, spotify, and netflix? Ive watched lots of videos on both, the unlocking of the developer mode doesnt say if I will be able to download apps or not.
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the difference between unlocking the developer mode and buying the basic honda hack to get a passcode? I'm not very computer friendly, I know just enough to get by at work. Can I unlock the developer mode and still be able to download apps like waze, spotify, and netflix? Ive watched lots of videos on both, the unlocking of the developer mode doesnt say if I will be able to download apps or not.
Unfortunately no. You still Need Honda Hack

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Can I download honda hack after unlocking the developer mode with out having to pay for the basic package to get a passcode?
JESUS CHRIST !!!... stop being so "TIGHT"

If you can afford to buy a new Honda, you can afford to pay the Honda Hack developer for this 100's of hours work in developing Honda Hack - and then giving you some of the best Android App Tech support you will ever find. :nixon:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Can I download honda hack after unlocking the developer mode with out having to pay for the basic package to get a passcode?
You need to put your Honda head Unit into a mode where you can see a Browser.
(Hidden menus to get there)
Then with the browser, access the Honda Hack website and get the program.
You will need to have purchased your own unique Pass-code to be able to install Honda Hack on you unit, as/once you have downloaded it.

All the Instructions are clearly on the Honda Hack website .. the developer has made it virtually idiot proof to purchase & install.

Be aware:
Once you run Honda hack and effectively ROOTED your head unit, you will loose a lot of the Android System Protection against exploits and badly coded apps.
If you mess up playing around with suspect apps, and LOCK UP your head unit.. the cost of purchasing Honda hack will seem INSIGNIFICANT compared with what it will end up costing you to get a working head Unit back again !!!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the rant, but what am I missing to disable the factory "safety" settings? It's not the parking brake bypass - I honestly don't even know what that does. Any help? I'm not getting any responses over on XDA.
The parking brake bypass, makes the Head Unit Think that you are Parked -- ie Not Driving.
If you are Driving, the unit restricts some of the function you can do, that Honda must consider are potentially distracting and dangerous to be doing while you are driving/moving.

There is another setting that can be turned off, that is an Android restriction mode.
When turned off, this allows you to have access to the pre-installed Browser, which is by far the easiest way now, to isstall Honda Hack,

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Also most people these days I believe use Honda hack to get Waze to work, this is now a standard feature on iPhones !!!! I have Honda hack installed on my HU and now that i have it i rarely use it..... just my 2 cents.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
The parking brake bypass, makes the Head Unit Think that you are Parked -- ie Not Driving.
If you are Driving, the unit restricts some of the function you can do, that Honda must consider are potentially distracting and dangerous to be doing while you are driving/moving.
Ok thanks for that. Follow-up question(s): How do I know if it's in or off? When I tap it, it just does its thing, no "on" or "off" option. Is it off every time it boots and I have to tap it every time I start the car or is it more like a toggle and I just have to remember if I last turned it on or not?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok thanks for that. Follow-up question(s): How do I know if it's in or off? When I tap it, it just does its thing, no "on" or "off" option. Is it off every time it boots and I have to tap it every time I start the car or is it more like a toggle and I just have to remember if I last turned it on or not?
No idea .. it bricked the Honda HU before I had much of a chance to explore it.

Just got a set of cables for the Honda HU, so fall project is to figure out how to un-brick it !!!

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Guys, how can I improve the audio quality? I read someone could left flat the DSP? or installing and app, can somebody explain all the steps?

Thank you.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Guys, how can I improve the audio quality? I read someone could left flat the DSP? or installing and app, can somebody explain all the steps?

Thank you.
Step 1 - Go tot he diagnostics menu by holding Brightness, Power, and menu for a few seconds.
Step 2 - Tap Detail Information and Setting
Step 3 - Hold Menu to bring up the third menu
Step 4 - Hold menu again until a menu saying Factory Diag shows up
Step 5 - Select Syscom Free Mode
Step 6 - Use the onscreen buttons to navigate to the Fix-EQ option
Step 7 - Change the option to EQ OFF (FLAT)

You have to do this every time you start the car.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Step 1 - Go tot he diagnostics menu by holding Brightness, Power, and menu for a few seconds.
Step 2 - Tap Detail Information and Setting
Step 3 - Hold Menu to bring up the third menu
Step 4 - Hold menu again until a menu saying Factory Diag shows up
Step 5 - Select Syscom Free Mode
Step 6 - Use the onscreen buttons to navigate to the Fix-EQ option
Step 7 - Change the option to EQ OFF (FLAT)

You have to do this every time you start the car.

Kind off disappointed if I have to do every time I turn on the car..

I hopefully another way to improve the audio whit out all these steps.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Kind off disappointed if I have to do every time I turn on the car..

I hopefully another way to improve the audio whit out all these steps.
It doesn't work for every model(mine, for example). If it works for you do a search for dsp_flat.apk on the xda forums and grab that. It's just a script that does all those steps for you.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It doesn't work for every model(mine, for example). If it works for you do a search for dsp_flat.apk on the xda forums and grab that. It's just a script that does all those steps for you.
Assuming you can run "dsp_flat.apk" .. ie you are Honda Hacked ???

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag