Anyone trade up from 2018 to 2019?

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Agree and agree.

Don’t see the need for the sarcastic comments you’ve received. They’re not in the intended spirit of the forum. So, if you can afford it, the upgrades matter to you and you’re fortunate to find a dealer who’s reasonable then go for it and enjoy your new 19!
Sure is a lot of pointless hate on this forum, people need to calm down a tad.
Sponsored

joew

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic type R ordered, 18 F150 Platinum
Country flag
19 CTR ordered. I think we are all car lovers; I agree about the sarcasm and sure would like to have members be less critical of each other.

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Country flag
like I said before, I would wait a few months for the 2020, could be refreshed or another variant released which could be worth the switch. I think metallic grey looks pretty cool on the civic type R with the red accents

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
pay all that money for volume knob and fan speed buttons? ballllllllinnnnnnnnn!

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Everyone has a different set of wants, needs & perceptions. In December I traded an essentially perfect16 EX-L Coupe(w/36k) that I liked for a 2019 Touring Coupe, both white. Why? I typically take long trips on the interstate, I really wanted the Sensing Suite, especially the predictive follow cruise control. I liked the refresh they did on the front end and new wheels. The volume knob was a definite plus and not having to go into the menu to change fan speed is a real plus. In addition, I wanted in-dash Navigation as my phone plan doesn't have a lot of data and I liked the Garmin system, also allowed me to reduce "cord clutter" as I'm planning on a dash camera. I got another white pearl because I like white cars, always have, I would have been very tempted if the car had been available in the Sonic Gray though, nice color! So there it is, some want, some need & some perception, it was also facilitated by a really decent trade offer against a fairly substantial discount off sticker price. So, if you really want it, can afford it and the deal is fair, go for it. You only live once, if you do it right, once is enough :drive::)

Last edited:

Ekaker1

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 PMM CTR, 16 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 04 S2000, 18 Ninja, 16 Indian Scout
Country flag
I traded from 17 to 18. I finessed it a little though. I got the 18 at MSRP with no dealer processing fee in NY. My out the door price was low 37k, maybe 37200?. My 17 I sold locally on craigslist used for just under 35000 which is actually a little bit more then msrp on a brand new one. I was able to do it because my car had ceramic coating done, with some factory installed accessories added and people in the NOVA area generally dont get MSRP unless they hunt around alot. For me at the end of it all, I got a brand new one with the color of my choice for around $2000 difference. If I were you I would 100% do it. The upgraded features are cool and if you can afford it, why not. There's a bunch of assholes on this form that are annoyed at the whole topic of volume button, climate button, and lighted e-brake switch so they will just start hating cause they have nothing better to do.

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s just so hard in Southern California. I see cars like mine listed for 37-39k, yet dealers are undervaluing my car and still adding the markup. Maybe I’ll just wait

Ekaker1

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 PMM CTR, 16 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 04 S2000, 18 Ninja, 16 Indian Scout
Country flag
In California you should have no trouble getting at least 35k for your car... I dont know if your comfortable with Craigstlist but that might be the quickest way aside from dealers. For buying I would 100% say go out of state and ship the car to you. Theres several dealers here on the east coast that will do MSRP and it may only cost you like $700 to ship the car. Laith Honda in North Carolina does MSRP. Theres a Honda dealership in Richmond VA that does MSRP, I just forgot which one. There is a gentleman on this forum I think his name is Eddie@honda and he's based out of New Jersey and they do MSRP. That's your best route.

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In California you should have no trouble getting at least 35k for your car... I dont know if your comfortable with Craigstlist but that might be the quickest way aside from dealers. For buying I would 100% say go out of state and ship the car to you. Theres several dealers here on the east coast that will do MSRP and it may only cost you like $700 to ship the car. Laith Honda in North Carolina does MSRP. Theres a Honda dealership in Richmond VA that does MSRP, I just forgot which one. There is a gentleman on this forum I think his name is Eddie@honda and he's based out of New Jersey and they do MSRP. That's your best route.
I should have done this in the first place. I paid a markup locally and always regretted it. Thanks for the tips

Ekaker1

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I should have done this in the first place. I paid a markup locally and always regretted it. Thanks for the tips
Your welcome, good luck!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I wonder how much price difference it would cost to trade for a new 2019 at the dealer? From a 2018 with less than 6000 miles
What in the holy fuck?

If you’re trying to trade for a volume knob. And so, what are you going to do when then 2020 is released, jump of a bridge?

Posts like these make me wish the CTR was never brought to the states. Shit, with these owners who can’t appreciate it.

A volume knob? A fucking volume knob? Fan speed controls. You probably never even turn on the AC to begin with. Even if you did...

Any dealer just learning why you’re trading are going to get a huge markup and trade under-value erection.

Oooooffff!!!!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I say do it. And then trade up for the 2020 when it gets lane departure. Ooh and than trade for the 2021 when it gets auto start stop. But don't get the 2022 when it get's auto-dimming rearview. Aint worth it.
He should just trade to the 2023 though when the cloth material is changed to crappier material.

He’s gonna a perfectly fine 2018 for an oil burning 2019 or other problems. Not that we know them
to have these problems but you never know what rabbit hole you’re gonna end up in.

Ekaker1

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What in the holy fuck?

If you’re trying to trade for a volume knob. And so, what are you going to do when then 2020 is released, jump of a bridge?

Posts like these make me wish the CTR was never brought to the states. Shit, with these owners who can’t appreciate it.

A volume knob? A fucking volume knob? Fan speed controls. You probably never even turn on the AC to begin with. Even if you did...

Any dealer just learning why you’re trading are going to get a huge markup and trade under-value erection.

Oooooffff!!!!
since you can't read, this is from the OP's earlier post

"I asked my dealer before I posted this question, because they didn’t have an answer for me (no stock). I just want to change the color, PMM is a bit boring for me."

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
19 CTR ordered. I think we are all car lovers; I agree about the sarcasm and sure would like to have members be less critical of each other.
This nor car lover. This is straight up volume knob licking.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
since you can't read, this is from the OP's earlier post

"I asked my dealer before I posted this question, because they didn’t have an answer for me (no stock). I just want to change the color, PMM is a bit boring for me."
Suuuuuuuuuure..... the color. Uhhhh. Bullshit. He wants the damn knob lol.
Sponsored