FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
And in case anyone didn't know, it still lights up on the dash if you pull up on the button while the car is off. I'm glad Honda thought of this otherwise it would be a pain knowing if the brake was actually up or not since we don't have a visible handbrake to tell us. I still miss an actual handbrake but the interior does look more streamlined without one, too.
A light on the button would be nice but I always look at the cluster. Not a big deal and neither is the lack of volume button.
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I asked my dealer before I posted this question, because they didn’t have an answer for me (no stock). I just want to change the color, PMM is a bit boring for me.
He apparently wasn't interested on the deal or just lazy because he could have had your car valued and given you a non-binding quote for a future new trade-in deal on a new CTR. Might want to try a different dealer whether they have the car or not; it shouldn't matter.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
I say do it. And then trade up for the 2020 when it gets lane departure. Ooh and than trade for the 2021 when it gets auto start stop. But don't get the 2022 when it get's auto-dimming rearview. Aint worth it.

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Country flag
I wouldn't do it now. I would wait and see if they refresh or add a variant for 2020

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I asked my dealer before I posted this question, because they didn’t have an answer for me (no stock). I just want to change the color, PMM is a bit boring for me.
Is a vinyl wrap an acceptable alternative to just trading it out? If you like the car, but are indifferent about the color, you could probably spend less money and wrap the vehicle instead. Being in LA, you likely have access to a LOT of professional shops.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
That’s what happens when you buy a boring ass grey car

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I have the 2019 Hatchback Touring any questions? Love the car. I was told better insulation from road noise. Volume knob and several other on the infotainment but I would not trade for that feature. PM me if you have any specific questions. I did not have a 2018. But love the car. Prior was a Mini Cooper S Coupe fully loaded. No regrets.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really...so either a lot of you folks are just having fun or you think the OP is a troll...right? Maybe the OP can afford to trade the car in for a new one if they want. Does it really have to be a reason that is approved of by the group? I'm confused?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Perhaps if you do get some info on how much it would cost to you to get the '19, compare that to what it would cost to get it painted? I'm no paint expert but know that it can be expensive but it wouldn't hurt to give it the 'ol college try! :)

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, I can afford it and I wouldn’t mind the upgraded features including a change in paint color. I would never repaint a new car

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Yes, I can afford it and I wouldn’t mind the upgraded features including a change in paint color. I would never repaint a new car
yolo, would trade my 2019 for a 2020 if there's a updated bumper/headlight design.

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
One dealer salesman today quoted me $15k markup. I told him I’m not an idiot. Then he tells me at least 5k. I said bye bye

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Don’t see the need for the sarcastic comments you’ve received. They’re not in the intended spirit of the forum. So, if you can afford it, the upgrades matter to you and you’re fortunate to find a dealer who’s reasonable then go for it and enjoy your new 19!

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$5k-$15k markup!! Yikes that must be the California Car Culture pricing I've heard so much about! Keep looking maybe even outside of your area/city/state. There will be a dealer somewhere who is not asking crazy prices...hopefully. I totally agree on not painting a new car. That doesn't make any more sense than a $15k markup.
Sponsored