Anyone trade their Sport Touring for a CTR?

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considering trading my 6sp Sport Touring for a CTR in the spring IF I can find a red CTR when it’s released in Canada. Has anyone switched already? Id be trading in some luxury for pure car. I feel like I might miss the Honda Sensing, leather seats, and all the other little goodies that come with the Sport Touring. I’d also take a loss.

Just wondering others experiences! Would be a daily driver for me. Haven’t been at the track but maybe with a Type R?
Sponsored

Landie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Well, only you can answer if getting the Type-R is the right move for you... If you already don't drive fast or you don't have HUGE plans for the car, I would say stay with what you have. Speed and handling are easily improved on this new platform. Get a tune, a type R sway bar, and other cosmetic stuff and you may be swayed away from making that bad financial move. There are even a turbo upgrade by VitViper for our 1.5's that puts the car up there with a stock Type-R. I sold my WRX and got an STI for that same feeling, ended up selling the STI for my Civic Hatch Sport. Depends on your needs with the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamroxorz

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, only you can answer if getting the Type-R is the right move for you... If you already don't drive fast or you don't have HUGE plans for the car, I would say stay with what you have. Speed and handling are easily improved on this new platform. Get a tune, a type R sway bar, and other cosmetic stuff and you may be swayed away from making that bad financial move. There are even a turbo upgrade by VitViper for our 1.5's that puts the car up there with a stock Type-R. I sold my WRX and got an STI for that same feeling, ended up selling the STI for my Civic Hatch Sport. Depends on your needs with the car.
Yeah, I’ve actually done quite a bit of mods already and done some cosmetic mods to mine.

Is it going to be for daily driving?
Yes

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Did you put a wing on your hatchback? If yes, get a Type R.

Landie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you put a wing on your hatchback? If yes, get a Type R.
So if someone likes the cosmetic looks of the Type-R, but has absolutely no need to spend more than double the price on power/handling that they're never going to use, they should still spend the money? Great advice.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if someone likes the cosmetic looks of the Type-R, but has absolutely no need to spend more than double the price on power/handling that they're never going to use, they should still spend the money? Great advice.
Anyone who puts a giant wing on their red :thumbsup: Civic Hatchback is someone who will truly appreciate the Type R, whatever their intended use of the car is.

I don't give unsolicited financial advice. I expect them to make their own decision based on their personal financial situation.

Landie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guilty haha
Same, but I would never get a Type-R. Not because I wouldn't appreciate it, but because it would be an insane waste of money for me. Later down the line I could get a turbo upgrade and make about 300hp with the 1.5, which I would prefer. To each his own though.

OP
OP
Jamroxorz

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same, but I would never get a Type-R. Not because I wouldn't appreciate it, but because it would be an insane waste of money for me. Later down the line I could get a turbo upgrade and make about 300hp with the 1.5, which I would prefer. To each his own though.
Yeah, I was considering getting the vit turbo upgrade and just pushing the car up to the 270whp on pump gas. And would allow me to keep the comfort features of the sport touring. I already have hondata flash. I was also think though if it would just be easier to have the CTR, and at a stock and safe level from Honda it would just work.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one thing you can not add to your hatchback is a limited slip differential. It is often overlooked, but it completely changes the feel and handling of the car.

For a daily driver you need a set of 18" wheels and tires. The bolt pattern and large brake calipers limit the selection of aftermarket wheels that fit. A spare does not come with the car and needs to be purchased separately. The stock brake pads are loud and dusty, you have been warned so expect screeching every time you come to a stop. It is very easy to replace them yourself with street pads.

The seats are comfortable and the "suede" is nice. You won't miss the leather. The seats are not powered so no seat position memory and no heater.

There may be small things that you will miss like that there is no auto-dim mirror. I recommend the Spoon blue tinted convex mirror.

Can you live without sensing?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one thing you can not add to your hatchback is a limited slip differential. It is often overlooked, but it completely changes the feel and handling of the car.

For a daily driver you need a set of 18" wheels and tires. The bolt pattern and large brake calipers limit the selection of aftermarket wheels that fit. A spare does not come with the car and needs to be purchased separately. The stock brake pads are loud and dusty, you have been warned so expect screeching every time you come to a stop. It is very easy to replace them yourself with street pads.

The seats are comfortable and the "suede" is nice. You won't miss the leather. The seats are not powered so no seat position memory and no heater.

There may be small things that you will miss like that there is no auto-dim mirror. I recommend the Spoon blue tinted convex mirror.

Well that is completely false. You can swap the Si LSD or wait for aftermarket options.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
The Si I feel is the perfect balance between fun and daily driving.

It's why I got it instead of a mustang.

OP
OP
Jamroxorz

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks for the details. I guess I’ve been driving most my life without sensing, so I could probably live without, but it’s a nice feature now that I have. I would miss the auto dim mirror, but again replaceable. The point about the LSD was another thing I was considering, but I did read that eventually it’ll be swappable, but then I get to the point of is it worth it to dump the money into the Sport Touring, or just get the CTR.

Wish I could test drive one to really feel the power and handling difference.