First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They come in front w brace and optional rear subframe braces. Are these only useful for people that race their cars? I enjoy the improvement from a strut bar, and am looking at a sway bar in the next few months.
Sponsored

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think any of it is necessary for daily drivers unless you enjoy taking turns and curves and higher speeds, then you’d benefit from the improved handling and frame rigidity. I myself plan on just getting the strut bar

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
^ Yeah, what he said.

My suspension plan is Sirimoto front strut bar, Si rear sway upgrade and better tires. For my daily commuting that should be enough.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
^ Yeah, what he said.

My suspension plan is Sirimoto front strut bar, Si rear sway upgrade and better tires. For my daily commuting that should be enough.
but is Sirimoto any good or are we just ass-u-ming because of the japanese name? how do you eval quality on a strut bar, is the question.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
but is Sirimoto any good or are we just ass-u-ming because of the japanese name? how do you eval quality on a strut bar, is the question.
My test was the before and after on Virginia's stupid "let's design a 20 mph cloverleaf that flows into 75 mph traffic" excuse for road design. Makes a noticeable difference accelerating while taking sharp curves. Not dramatically different, but it's a little sharper.

Last edited:

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
My test was the before and after on Virginia's stupid "let's design a 20 mph cloverleaf that flows into 75 mph traffic". Makes a noticeable difference accelerating while taking sharp curves. Not dramatically different, but it's a little sharper.
Having said that, is there any other tower brace that may be better. Doesn't the Type R have a strut bar that would fit the hatch since they are the same chassis.

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They come in front w brace and optional rear subframe braces. Are these only useful for people that race their cars? I enjoy the improvement from a strut bar, and am looking at a sway bar in the next few months.
I just installed my rear braces. After installing I took the car out for a spirited drive. I could instantly feel more of a connection with the rear of the car. Driving over speed bumps in the rear were less bouncy, driving around corners feel tighter fast or slow. I took a suggested 30 mph on ramp curve at 65mph (normally I take it at 50 to 55mph) and it hugged the inside line with ease. Usually at 50 to 55 mph I have to fight it a little. Check out my install video. Super easy install definitely worth the money.

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed my rear braces. After installing I took the car out for a spirited drive. I could instantly feel more of a connection with the rear of the car. Driving over speed bumps in the rear were less bouncy, driving around corners feel tighter fast or slow. I took a suggested 30 mph on ramp curve at 65mph (normally I take it at 50 to 55mph) and it hugged the inside line with ease. Usually at 50 to 55 mph I have to fight it a little. Check out my install video. Super easy install definitely worth the money.

Awesome, thank you! I've got much better tires than when I op'd... So I'm kind of rubbing my hands together with delight over the prospects after hearing this!

blacklion703

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX, 2017 CR-V EX
Country flag
I have the subframe braces and the W brace. The car feels more controlled in turns. Night and day difference.

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the subframe braces and the W brace. The car feels more controlled in turns. Night and day difference.
What else are you running?
Stock suspension?
Strut bar? Sway bar?
Tires?

I feel like my car does a good job of going where I point it, but it feels like it takes some delay in "sliding" into the slot. Say, during passing or abruptly dodging junk in the road. Do you see improvement there?

blacklion703

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX, 2017 CR-V EX
Country flag
What else are you running?
Stock suspension?
Strut bar? Sway bar?
Tires?

I feel like my car does a good job of going where I point it, but it feels like it takes some delay in "sliding" into the slot. Say, during passing or abruptly dodging junk in the road. Do you see improvement there?
Strut bar, rear sway bar, stock tires and shocks. I wanted a daily with beyter handling and that is fun to drive.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Strut bar, rear sway bar, stock tires and shocks. I wanted a daily with beyter handling and that is fun to drive.

Did you replace the endlinks on the sway bar? i've heard you should from some people but want another opinion
Sponsored