ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
As the thread title says, but has anyone switched to aftermarket seats? Just doing some research here as I'm about to take my car out on track soon and I'm not sure if the stock seats will suffice. I really, really liked the recaro PP's in my s2k so that's what I'll be comparing the stock seats to.

Anyways, for those of you who did switch... what bases did you use to mount? Also were you able to bypass all the sensors?
Sponsored

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
i went with planted technology seat base, recaro sliders and side mounts then bride air bag seat canceller. if you order it from evasive they have all the parts you’ll need to run recaro PP’s. they have the same setup on their fk8.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i went with planted technology seat base, recaro sliders and side mounts then bride air bag seat canceller. if you order it from evasive they have all the parts you’ll need to run recaro PP’s. they have the same setup on their fk8.
What seats are you running? And do you have a picture of your set up?

Last but not least, but why did you switch out the stock ones? Were the stock ones inept for track duty?

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
What seats are you running? And do you have a picture of your set up?

Last but not least, but why did you switch out the stock ones? Were the stock ones inept for track duty?
recaro PP. its still on order and actually don’t have it yet. same as you i have recaro on my S2K. i used to have bride zeta’s and with my frame it felt to narrow for me that’s why i went with recaros again.

as for my experience there is nothing wrong with the stock seats and have enough support it just felt a bit more cushion. my suggestion is do a session with stock and see how it goes.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had some time today, so I went and drove out to Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley to go sit in some seats.

They're one of the largest Recaro distributors in California so they have a wide array of seats available. I told them that I used to rock the Recaro Pole positions and that I was potentially in the market for another seat to fit into the type r. Sat in the Recaro PP's and the guy helping me said that I'm far too large to be sitting in that seat. The holes for the harnesses were in all the wrong spots and the seat was far too tight .... erhm .... width wise... for me (I've definitely put on some "baby daddy" weight). He actually recommended the Profi XL's which I really really liked. Told him I'd go home and think about it.

Hopped back into the type r and i realized the stock seats had the same issues as the Recaro PP's. The sides were basically crushing my kidneys and i was completely covering up the harness holes. So... time to shop around.

Here's a pic of me in my type r seat. As you can see, I'm completely covering up the holes in the seats and this was me trying to actually sit lower. Another thing is that I'm also probably in the worst shape of my life. Point being, I'm probably going to be a lot wider when I'm back in the gym.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone switch out to aftermarket seats? TipVS

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

hotFK8hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CW
Country flag
As the thread title says, but has anyone switched to aftermarket seats? Just doing some research here as I'm about to take my car out on track soon and I'm not sure if the stock seats will suffice. I really, really liked the recaro PP's in my s2k so that's what I'll be comparing the stock seats to.

Anyways, for those of you who did switch... what bases did you use to mount? Also were you able to bypass all the sensors?

I’m using bride zeta with bride rails

There are three sensors you must deal with
1. Seat belt sensor, I took it off the stock seat and attached to new seat
2. airbag sensor, I wired up the bride seat air bag cancelor, (you will have srs light if you don’t use a bypass)
3. Seat position sensor, this informs the srs system how close you are to steering wheel. I unbolted this from the stock seat, and used a heavy duty Velcro to attach it to the middle of my Bride bucket seat. (You will have a srs light if you don’t reconnect this also)

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m using bride zeta with bride rails

There are three sensors you must deal with
1. Seat belt sensor, I took it off the stock seat and attached to new seat
2. airbag sensor, I wired up the bride seat air bag cancelor, (you will have srs light if you don’t use a bypass)
3. Seat position sensor, this informs the srs system how close you are to steering wheel. I unbolted this from the stock seat, and used a heavy duty Velcro to attach it to the middle of my Bride bucket seat. (You will have a srs light if you don’t reconnect this also)

Hope this helps.
Thanks! This helps a lot actually!

I have the airbag sensor from Works but I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a seat position sensor and seat belt sensor...

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you handle the airbag delete (what resistor?) and did you do something to bypass the passanger weight sensor?
track car, no didnt worry with it. no airbags anyway, not safe to use airbags along with 5/6 point harness

Ajandaluz

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Just wanted to chime in here for anyone interested, the Sparco Chrono road is a decent reclining seat that fits in our cars! I just installed one with a sparco base mount and sparco sliders and it was very easy. Also, it clears the B column just fine without being kidney crushingly tight. Like mentioned before Bride makes a 2 ohm resister and removing the stock seats positioning sensor works like a charm. Hope this helps out.

2slowgs-r

First Name
KnockOut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport
Country flag