Anyone recieve this type of email? (Trade In)

Antonio_415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 16'
Country flag
I received this email today thoughts?

I am interested in this and may make an appt. Only thing is I took off the Civic letters off, have a small rock crack in my windshield that I had filled in last year, and the usual freeway rock paint-chip on my hood. Otherwise my car is pretty impeccable.

Honda in, California is conducting a special pricing and financing event in conjunction with American Honda Motor Company! Your status as a valued Honda customer qualifies you for this private sale.

Honda is in urgent need to acquire several pre-owned 2016 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN in order to fulfill special used vehicle requests. Records indicate you own one of these vehicles.

We would like to exchange your 2016 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN for a new 2018 or 2019 Honda model including the all new CR-V's, Civics, Accords, Odysseys, Pilots Fits and gas-efficient Insight Hybrid, Accord Hybrid or Clarity Plug-in Hybrid which qualifies for HOV stickers... plus any pre-owned vehicle. With sensational sale prices and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no money out of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget... or we will even make you an offer to purchase your car outright!

bring this letter for admittance to this event and present it to authorized representative at Honda.

Please stop by or call us at (800) 9 - HONDAS to schedule a convenient appointment and allow us the opportunity to make you an offer. A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to assess its value.

Due to the nature of this event and your status as a past customer of Honda, this event will not be advertised to the general public. This will be your only notification.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you're interested look into it, but there's literally nothing special about your car that makes them want it in particular. Dealers send out emails like this all the time to try and get people into new cars and free up trade in stock to move.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
The Honda dealer in my small town has a good reputation and seems purchase for top dollar used Honda’s and sells them at top dollar too.
Many with extended warranties, freakishly low miles in great condition and not lease returns.
Makes the decision to buy new or cpo close in price.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the same standard language every dealer uses to get you in the door and make them more money. They don't care about your depreciation, but they do make good money on both trade in and a new car purchase.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I keep getting one from texas wanting to buy my hatchback sport with 6spd

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yeah, dealerships and their never-ending cavalcade of horse manure
A couple of years ago I got a very similarly worded letter from Hyundai telling me they were in dire need of my 2006 Sonata because it was in high demand. :rolleyes:

Really?........REALLY??? :dunno:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Dealers in my area would give me any new car to lay their dirty hands on my 2009 Honda CR-V, which is extremely rare and desirable by rich collectors.
But I'm not so stupid. I'll wait until I have the last one in the world.

Besides, I don't buy cars any more; I'm so unbelievably lucky that I keep winning them in sweepstakes.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Honda is in urgent need to acquire...
Regardless of the rest of it, which, as many rightly pointed out, is but a standard sales pitch, this particular line is an obvious, in-your-face, outright lie. Why would you consider doing business with someone who lies to you so openly in your first contact with them?

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I used to get similar ones.. one of them (cold call usually) would ask if I would like to lower my payment. I said "can you beat $0 ? crickets.. "thank you for your time" was what they said next.

lol.. silly sales pitches.

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
Mine was

"Hi XXXX it's Rob, Sales Manager at Steele Honda. We need to add Civics to our used car inventory quickly so we would love to make you an offer on your civic, whether you want to trade it in or we just buy it.
the market is hot right now and we will be aggressive when buying. Do you have time to bring it by and see what we can do for you."

I brought mine in to see what they would give me but it was avg market value and a little less then my current loan total so I didn't bother ( I was upside down when I traded in my Santa Fe for the civic). Plus the only SI's they had were 2 black and 1 white coupes which all had the HFP package installed. I told them if they had to offer a bit more on trade and had a SI coupe without the HFP installed I might have bought it. I cannot justify paying over $6500 CAD (with tax) on options I don't need/want. The only thing I like about the HFP is the front lip spoiler. side skirts are ok nothing special, and pot holes on Canadian roads will not play well with the 19 inch rims or harder suspension. the red HFP mats will be swapped out for weathertechs or get full of salt.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Tell them you expect more than you owe on the car, or that you expect a lower payment for a shorter duration than your present finance agreement....watch how quickly they change their tune.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
You think that's bad...up until recently I still got mail from Acura telling me to trade in my '08 TL Type S 6-speed for a new TLX even though I actually sold the car to an Acura dealership back in 2016 for the BMW. In all honesty though, if they offer more than you owe or if they even pay off what you owe on the car, it isn't necessarily a bad deal if you're looking to just get into a new car. But with 2016's not being much different from the rest of the cars it's not going to be a huge upgrade unless you trade up to a higher trim level.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Hi... we have a critical shortage of your older car that has a bunch of miles, though it's pretty much exactly the same as the current model. We want to get you out of that car into a new one because people are beating down our doors to pay too much on a couple year old car with a pile of miles on it instead of our new inventory. The deal will so good, it could cost you little to nothing. For reals. Once in a lifetime opportunity that's specific to you! Come now (right now!) or live with the shame of regret forever."

It's a bunch of fluffy BS that is trying to hook you into thinking you/your car is somehow special to them, that you need to act fast, and that you are going to get some sort of preferential treatment. It is a lie.
Sponsored