Anyone received their car for build date 3july19?

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Need some info on my shipment from UK to US state of idaho boise.My sales consultant told me the car had reach US,but do not know the location and I was given 4weeks time from now.Any honda dealer sales consultant can assist me for this?Or do you have any best person I can contact to confirm?
Sponsored

jinderC

I would just relax and wait. It will arrive when it arrives. Your dealership would have a rough ETA on its arrival date. That’s about all you can do. Have a beer and watch some Best Motoring :)

OP
OP
EugeneR

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I would just relax and wait. It will arrive when it arrives. Your dealership would have a rough ETA on its arrival date. That’s about all you can do. Have a beer and watch some Best Motoring :)
Hope the sales consultant dont lie to me..lol

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
You'll have to wait; my dealer notified me the moment it got to their lot. I was anxious the whole time hehe no worries, it will get there. I got mine shipped from Indiana. jinderC is right; the dealer will have an estimated ETA, mine did. :) The ball will roll faster once the car arrives at the dealership :D

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
And don't bug your salesman a ton - you need them happy and liking you when the car gets delivered so they can -

- Make sure it's not washed
- Make sure no license plate is attached

And if you guys are on good terms, try and see if he can make sure the car isn't washed.

Enjoy the wait, it'll be over soon :)

Pick out quality car polishes and waxes in the meantime and plan for your prep and protection of your car before someone else can ruin it lol.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chillax, it’s worth the wait.

My mama said, "you can't hurry love
No, you'll just have to wait"
She said, "love don't come easy
But it's a game of give and take"
You can't hurry love
No, you'll just have to wait
Just trust in a good time
No matter how long it takes

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
And don't bug your salesman a ton - you need them happy and liking you when the car gets delivered so they can -

And if you guys are on good terms, try and see if he can make sure the car isn't washed.

Enjoy the wait, it'll be over soon :)

Pick out quality car polishes and waxes in the meantime and plan for your prep and protection of your car before someone else can ruin it lol.
“Hey listen, the car is ready for pickup, we washed and detailed it for you too, enjoy!”

LuckyTypeROwner18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My particular dealer continually notified me with the exact location from the time it was dropped off on the east coast shoreline from the U.K. to when it was delivered and stayed at my local port for a few days. The car should be able to get tracked...do you have a local port? It generally has to be looked over by customs and for shipping damage which takes time I think. Then the other issue is waiting for the delivery truck to make its rounds of loading up various cars for various dealerships. Hope this makes sense and helps? Congrats and try to be patient...I know it sucks.

OP
OP
EugeneR

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
My particular dealer continually notified me with the exact location from the time it was dropped off on the east coast shoreline from the U.K. to when it was delivered and stayed at my local port for a few days. The car should be able to get tracked...do you have a local port? It generally has to be looked over by customs and for shipping damage which takes time I think. Then the other issue is waiting for the delivery truck to make its rounds of loading up various cars for various dealerships. Hope this makes sense and helps? Congrats and try to be patient...I know it sucks.
The sales consultant will check again on friday..he told me it had reach US but my ETA still given to be on 26-28aug..so I am curious on it.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Maybe they'll drill some holes in the front bumper for a license plate before informing you of its arrival. That's the least they could do.

I have heard some horror stories.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Need some info on my shipment from UK to US state of idaho boise.My sales consultant told me the car had reach US,but do not know the location and I was given 4weeks time from now.Any honda dealer sales consultant can assist me for this?Or do you have any best person I can contact to confirm?
So been on the forums and a CTR owner since the beginning. Back then we had super sleuths finding out all kinds of info. Here is what I remember. The cars come in, in Boston. Then gets put in a holding yard for customs and such. They then have some prep they have to do to the car for items that don't get done at the factory ( something to do with customs and all). Then transport has to be arranged and then driven to dealer. Its the customs and paper work and all that holds it up. I do believe mine was about 3 to 4ish weeks as well. Like the other member said pick out waxes and polishes and its new home and plan pot hole free roads to drive on LOL. just be patient. Dont call the salesman every 5 mins. Trust me he will call you the second it is there he wont forget. But like the others have said ask dont wash, dont drill plate holder on front bumper and not that this is an issue much anymore but make sure they remove the shipping spacers from the front wheels.

mattfofatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatch- Sonic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe they'll drill some holes in the front bumper for a license plate before informing you of its arrival. That's the least they could do.

I have heard some horror stories.
Mine is like that, I really don't understand why they would do that. I live in Delaware, where no front plate is required, and purchased in Maryland, where it is required, but still, wait for someone to buy it and have them put it on.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Mine is like that, I really don't understand why they would do that. I live in Delaware, where no front plate is required, and purchased in Maryland, where it is required, but still, wait for someone to buy it and have them put it on.
Mounting the plate holder us part of hondas pdi. Its honda telling the dealers to do it. Now in a front plate state cant blame the dealer. In a non front plate state. Well should be common sense but... but really can just blame honda. Why they dont make a mounting plate like other car makers is beyond me. Hey lets just drill it through the paint.

mattfofatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatch- Sonic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mounting the plate holder us part of hondas pdi. Its honda telling the dealers to do it. Now in a front plate state cant blame the dealer. In a non front plate state. Well should be common sense but... but really can just blame honda. Why they dont make a mounting plate like other car makers is beyond me. Hey lets just drill it through the paint.
Well thats good to know, not as angry at the dealer anymore. I took it off and purchased some small gray plastic hole plugs to plug the holds but i think it looks better with holes than it did with the two different shades of gray so right now they are just holes, but I may just get an extra vanity plate or something to cover it up, not sure what would look better
Sponsored