Anyone ran 245/35 or 255/35 tires instead of the 30 series instead yet?

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Yes, I loved the OEM wheel design as well which is why I went one size up on the tires since other people said it would fit! As for cost, I had a special tire deal at my dealer where it was buy 4 tires, get one free or up to $150 off the 4th (if more than $150). In the end after taxes and all the misc tire fees and whatnot, I paid $775. That included free balancing and a free alignment check (which led to another $90 spent on fixing that).

Road noise is about the same, I think a bit quieter. As for the height I honestly can’t tell a difference, but I don’t imagine it being extremely obvious as the increase would probably be very small if anything.

I’m already starting to tune out the bit of floaty ness, and they are really starting to feel like the OEM summers when not cornering hard. I still have plenty of confidence in cornering, so there are plenty of smiles to go around.
Can you give us an update on your 245-35-20 DWS tires please. Thanks
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They work great. They provide good traction in the rain (so long as there’s not standing water but not much you can do there) and in the cold they operate as needed. The floaty feeling has gone away for me; I have found that even on these tires I am still very much so able to have spirited drives and take corners at high speed.

I have chirped the tires a bit off of a stop because I guess I gave it too much juice lol, but as long as you aren’t hammering it in first and part way through second they don’t wheelspin that much.

run42K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WRX, 2000 ZRX
Country flag
They work great. They provide good traction in the rain (so long as there’s not standing water but not much you can do there) and in the cold they operate as needed. The floaty feeling has gone away for me; I have found that even on these tires I am still very much so able to have spirited drives and take corners at high speed.

I have chirped the tires a bit off of a stop because I guess I gave it too much juice lol, but as long as you aren’t hammering it in first and part way through second they don’t wheelspin that much.

255/35/20 Michelin AS tires are great too.

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is there anyway to recalibrate the speedometer after switching over to 245/35/20's?

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
Is there anyway to recalibrate the speedometer after switching over to 245/35/20's?
No, its part of the reason why I went with 18 wheels for the winter. Lots of drivers are not bothered by the speedo being off, I apparently am not one of them:)

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
No, its part of the reason why I went with 18 wheels for the winter. Lots of drivers are not bothered by the speedo being off, I apparently am not one of them:)
18in wheels with what size tires?

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
245 40 18s. I wanted to keep as close as possible to stock including speedo. Lots of guys go wider and are not bothered by the speedo.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/ is a good way to compare tire sizes.
Yeah I was thinking of going to 245/35/19 since it's identical in size and the speedometer wouldn't be affected. Just don't know what dimensions the new wheels should be.

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
Yeah I was thinking of going to 245/35/19 since it's identical in size and the speedometer wouldn't be affected. Just don't know what dimensions the new wheels should be.
If I had to do it again, I would probably consider the motogi MR924s from tirerack. Or if money was not a big deal, the NSX wheels or even the FK2 type R wheel from the UK. I suspect there are even more expensive wheels beyond those but I don't track and did not want to spend a ton.

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are the NSX ones 19in?

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
I also joined team 245/35/20 this evening. Mine is a daily driver and will never track the car so I bought a set of Ventus v12 Evo2.

I'm happy with the new tires so far. I definitely like the 35 series better than the 30.

Oh, anyone know any tricks on how to get rid of the adhesive from the previous weights? I saw a few videos on using GooGone, or WD-40 and a plastic scraper. Any tips you can suggest is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
I also joined team 245/35/20 this evening. Mine is a daily driver and will never track the car so I bought a set of Ventus v12 Evo2. They have a bit of road noise (more than the worn OEM tires). I didn't buy this car to ride like a Lexus so it is all good.

I'm happy with the new tires so far. I definitely like the 35 series better than the 30.

Oh, anyone know any tricks on how to get rid of the adhesive from the previous weights? I saw a few videos on using GooGone, or WD-40 and a plastic scraper. Any tips you can suggest is appreciated. Thanks.
GooGone and some patience.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I 'think' you can get the speedometer changed in the TunerView display but I don't know. It's a feature I've suggested but so far haven't heard back if it has been implemented.

WrongWayWade

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I got 245/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on Flow One F4 (19x8.5, OEM width, 21.25 lbs) tires because the summer tires are stupid living in North Georgia and Western North Carolina. There are no all-season tires produced in the 30 series. I replaced the OEM wheels/tires in the first week of ownership. Spent $2033 for the tire/wheel package. Speedometer is still perfect and car still handles awesomely regardless of the temperature. These Michelin tires are also very good in the rain.

The offset on the Flow One wheels put the tires a few millimeters farther outboard (a good thing, better handling) but the front tires, especially, now throw road gunk on the side of the car and especially in that low kick panel in a big way. I added some Rally Armor splash guards (specific to the Type R) and that has helped a lot. Somehow, Honda does not make a splash guard (mud flap) for the Type R. I can recommend this Rally Armor product as well, well designed and excellent materials.
Sponsored