Anyone put a screen protector on their display?

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
I put on a Photodon 9H0 today in my 2018 Hatchback and so far so good in my short lived experience. The biggest thing I found during install is ridding the screen of all dust and lint particles. Using the provided microfiber cloths and cleaner and sticky tab tack cloth I was able to get it completely clear of all visible particles. I opted for the 9H0 as I'll have tools and building materials in and out of the hatch and I fear something loose flying and cracking the screen.

Shipping from Photodon to me in Canada was wuick and pretty reasonably priced.
Anyone thinking of getting a Photodon screen protector I think you will not he disappointed. But really really take your time and follow the detailed instructions. I paid the extra 2 bucks for the custom lettering on the bottom right of the screen. I chose The largest font size and it's still pretty small but a nice personalized touch to my screen.

Cheers
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone put a screen protector on their display? 20180603_123233
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone put a screen protector on their display? 20180603_123857
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone put a screen protector on their display? 20180603_123253
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone put a screen protector on their display? 20180603_123844

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Why do you have a number on your screen protector?
  1. Also, I suggest to not use the sticky pad it comes with, it leave glue residue. Unless they changed it from 2016. Back then, at least, the sticky pad was a those double sided foam tape, instead of a sticker, like what you normally get. In the end, I just just removed the dust, closed all door, wait for the dust to settle, and then move very slowly in doing the install trying to add back dust, and wipe as needed while holding the screen protector half installed, if dust came back behind.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do you have a number on your screen protector?
  1. Also, I suggest to not use the sticky pad it comes with, it leave glue residue. Unless they changed it from 2016. Back then, at least, the sticky pad was a those double sided foam tape, instead of a sticker, like what you normally get. In the end, I just just removed the dust, closed all door, wait for the dust to settle, and then move very slowly in doing the install trying to add back dust, and wipe as needed while holding the screen protector half installed, if dust came back behind.
It's not just a number - M1KL83 is my handle so to speak like yours is GoodBytes.

Good advice on the install. The sticky tab does appear to be foam double sised tape however I didn't show any left over glue residue. Hopefully there is none.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Does the glossy version MXO get finger prints?

Ladyluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
When I got my front end wrapped and the windows tinted, my tech wrapped the infotainment screen for free with Xpel self healing film. Awesome guy!

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I'm curious about the different Photodon protectors. Is the antiglare the best option for visibility and functionality? I hate protectors on my phones and how every version I've used has interfered with the touchscreen responsiveness, and the head unit is already the opposite of a amazing in that department, but I also need solid protection - so I'm considering between the 6HS (anti scratch) and 9HO (hard glass) over the MXO. Any opinions one way or the other?

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
I'm curious about the different Photodon protectors. Is the antiglare the best option for visibility and functionality? I hate protectors on my phones and how every version I've used has interfered with the touchscreen responsiveness, and the head unit is already the opposite of a amazing in that department, but I also need solid protection - so I'm considering between the 6HS (anti scratch) and 9HO (hard glass) over the MXO. Any opinions one way or the other?
My question as well. I just installed the MXO, but it's too dark to appreciate any glare. I'll try to report back after I've had some daylight on it. One thing for sure is that it makes the screen really "pop" - both sharpness and color seem better. I avoided the glass because I've heard of problems with glass over the screen (although not sure if Photodon). The MXO is certainly thick enough and works beautifully.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had the 9H0 Photodon on for nearly a week now and I am loving it! It doesn't have any anti-glare but seems to reduce it a little just by being on there and it sure does make the screen pop! Finger prints wipe off nicely with a microfiber cloth.
Having the protection that 9H0 offers gives me added peace of mind.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Tempered Glass for $5. I find that it gets less dusty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone put a screen protector on their display? 44FEC071-D356-4C61-B76B-8497523ADB1F

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the glossy version MXO get finger prints?
I have this version and yes it will get fingerprints but it’s fairly easy to clean and no scratches.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had to the photodon 9h0 on for about ten months and it looked awesome. Then one day I got a bubble out of nowhere in the middle. I contacted photodon to see how in the world air could of gotten all that way to the middle when I never once lifted it and it had been bubble free so long. They sent me a new one for free, and they beefed up their install kit, nicer squeegee, some added screen cleaner. Very happy with the product and the customer service.
Sponsored