Anyone put a screen protector on their display?

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I dont understand why people are worried about scratching the screen.....its not a phone and unless you are holding sharp objects in your hand when you use it, it should never really get scratched. I understand for smudges and glare reasons, but scratches? seems unnecessary
I'm looking here because I do get little tiny scratches, in the right light like driving in the day, you'll see them. The screen is like a magnet for dust and when you wipe that dust you get tiny scratches. I don't really understand why you came to a topic about screen protectors when you clearly want nothing to do with it, but okay.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I dont understand why people are worried about scratching the screen.....its not a phone and unless you are holding sharp objects in your hand when you use it, it should never really get scratched. I understand for smudges and glare reasons, but scratches? seems unnecessary
meh, I made a $30k (CAD) purchase, I just want to keep things clean and pristine.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Since the shipping is indeed steep in Canada, I bought 2 Photodon MXO. I will have one as a backup, especially since I plan to keep my car for a long time.

The only problem for now is that I ordered on May 1st and the package has still not arrived.

TheXRated1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, get a screen protector if you're careful enough with the installation because I failed multiple times getting them on there right! But this screen scratches extremely easily, so pay mind to what you use to clean it - don't just take a microfiber cloth to your screen and swipe dust away because that CAN scratch it.

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I initially bought a different brand of screen protector made in the USA that was thinner, but than I came across a thread that majority of the members here use Photodon. I ended up getting the Photodon MXO, although it's pricey the quality is above the other.

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, get a screen protector if you're careful enough with the installation because I failed multiple times getting them on there right! But this screen scratches extremely easily, so pay mind to what you use to clean it - don't just take a microfiber cloth to your screen and swipe dust away because that CAN scratch it.
It does pain me to wipe the screen while there is dust on it, but you cannot see the dust or are even bothered by it until the sun hits it in the right spot, which if I'm using navigation, is very annoying and I have to wipe it in order to see where I'm going. I don't want to do it, sometimes I have to.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Wish I had thought of this sooner. The apes at the "touchless" car wash end up scratching everything with their dirty rags, including my paint job and my touch screen. I've just given up believing any car wash won't scratch your car, you can't be sure they are making sure there's no grit in their rags. You can't really tell the minuscule scratches on the touchscreen unless the sun is at just the right angle, but next time I go I'll be putting a piece of masking tape across the display that says don't wipe.
Of course it's too much to ask Honda to use scratch-resistant glass, it has to be a cheap plastic screen.

TheXRated1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish I had thought of this sooner. The apes at the "touchless" car wash end up scratching everything with their dirty rags, including my paint job and my touch screen. I've just given up believing any car wash won't scratch your car, you can't be sure they are making sure there's no grit in their rags. You can't really tell the minuscule scratches on the touchscreen unless the sun is at just the right angle, but next time I go I'll be putting a piece of masking tape across the display that says don't wipe.
Of course it's too much to ask Honda to use scratch-resistant glass, it has to be a cheap plastic screen.
Yeah, Honda definitely cheaped out on the display. All it is is a 1GB of RAM Android tablet which is piss poor in and of itself, and like you said... the screen is cheap and easy to scratch. Probably most disappointing aspect about my car IMO. I've got the same scratches you do from a detailer wiping the screen down, only visible in sunlight.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Never let anybody wash my car. Using a soap with high lubricity and non degreasing helps a lot. I think dealerships hire kids for minimum wage who know nothing about clear coat, paint, soap, changing rags and water and having no common sense is even better. I've seen brand new cars that looked like they've been in a few sand storms and rinsed off. And the sales guy be serious about how beautiful the vehicle is.

I only trust a couple peeps to change my oil when I can't.

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking here because I do get little tiny scratches, in the right light like driving in the day, you'll see them. The screen is like a magnet for dust and when you wipe that dust you get tiny scratches. I don't really understand why you came to a topic about screen protectors when you clearly want nothing to do with it, but okay.
Because I wanted to convince myself it was worth purchasing...lol peer pressure bro :coffee:

*PS: I ordered one.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Because I wanted to convince myself it was worth purchasing...lol peer pressure bro :coffee:

*PS: I ordered one.
It is. Especially if you have kids. If it were glass only worth getting if you or occupants are careless.

vonHelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just applied the Photodon today with ease, only did one application.

Doesn't even look like there is anything there. The touch screen also seems more responsive now.

Very happy with it, thanks for the recommendation! :thumbsup:

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also applied the Photodon screen protector today. Had a bit of trouble getting rid of the dust because the microfiber cloth that came with it sucks but other than that, it works and looks amazing.

papercut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Ordered screen protector directly from Photodon and installed it yesterday. Fantastic product! It arrived quickly and the installation couldn't have been easier. It's virtually invisible and helps to reduce the glare on the screen. I haven't noticed any difference with the touch sensitivity. Overall, I'm very pleased.