Anyone own a Type R and live in an apartment, common parking, any issues?

OP
OP
Maverick1

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
That's funny. If someone was moving to the projects they have no business driving a Type R.
I thought the same thing, if your financial situation requires you to move to the projects, you probably can't afford to buy a Type R, better off with a really old Crown Vic.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
That's funny. If someone was moving to the projects they have no business driving a Type R.
I thought the same thing, if your financial situation requires you to move to the projects, you probably can't afford to buy a Type R, better off with a really old Crown Vic.
Lol...Haven't laughed this hard in months...lol

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Where do you think the vast majority of drug transactions in this country occur or orginate from? Amazing cashflow is generated there. Of course, the dealers probably live in the nice suburbs, but rank-and-file live in the projects (for short commute) and could show up to a Honda dealership and drop $40K in $20’s. No?

OP
OP
Maverick1

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I honestly don't see the Type R as a drug dealer's car I think they prefer big black SUVs with chrome wheels.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I live in an apartment with a parking garage. I don't worry about it. It's just a Civic, nobody cares about it and it's not the most expensive car in the parking garage, anyways.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I live in an apartment with a parking garage. I don't worry about it. It's just a Civic, nobody cares about it and it's not the most expensive car in the parking garage, anyways.
Hardly just a civic. These type Rs and Si's are very attractive head turning cars now. More head turning than a double priced Mercedes. So yeah, we gotta be careful where we park these cars

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing to worry about, I doubt anyone who tried to steal your car would be able to because we have the best anti theft device around - a manual transmission. :)

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
I live in a apartment complex, no issue at all.
No garage, no reserved spot (although you can buy it) open parking space.
I always see people parking more expensive cars next to my CTR so I'm OK with it.
But I guess that all depends on the area/neighborhood.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
in high populated areas, it really depends where you are and what kind of security measures your apartment has. where in socal are you? If you live in compton and your apartment isn't gated, yes, i'd be extremely worried. If you live in beverly hills AND gated, i wouldn't worry. I rented a room in el monte in a nice "block" and my car got broken into 3x in 2 months. Everyone's going to give you diff opinions because of our geography. When i lived in Iowa, we never locked our doors at home. I couldn't wait to see who the guests were that knocked on our doors. In socal, i got cameras all over and deadbolts up the ass. I got my AK ready for the next stranger that knocks on our door. it is what it is..lol.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
having a gated entrance or parking structure and good management with secuirty goes a long a way.
when my03 AP1 was still only a few years old, i had no problems in my rented apartment (gated entrance) and later high rise condominium (gated parking structure). gl!

JTPitsch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' M2, 18' CW CTR, 20' Civic Si
Country flag
I park my M2 in a car port at an apartment outside and I have yet to have issues. I live in the West LA area so not sure where in SoCal you are parking but there are much more expensive cars than ours outside that I see on the side of the road and they seem fine. In fact down the street from me there is an i8 and an Astin both street parked. So you'll be fine.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
in high populated areas, it really depends where you are and what kind of security measures your apartment has. where in socal are you? If you live in compton and your apartment isn't gated, yes, i'd be extremely worried. If you live in beverly hills AND gated, i wouldn't worry. I rented a room in el monte in a nice "block" and my car got broken into 3x in 2 months. Everyone's going to give you diff opinions because of our geography. When i lived in Iowa, we never locked our doors at home. I couldn't wait to see who the guests were that knocked on our doors. In socal, i got cameras all over and deadbolts up the ass. I got my AK ready for the next stranger that knocks on our door. it is what it is..lol.
How do you have an AK in California? The laws there are ridiculously awful. There is a Ferrari 458 that some dude daily drives in an apartment not too far from me. He keeps it parked outside too.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
How do you have an AK in California? The laws there are ridiculously awful. There is a Ferrari 458 that some dude daily drives in an apartment not too far from me. He keeps it parked outside too.
lmao..sorry, i was just being sarcastic. I don't actually have an AK..lol. I was just making a point that i'm getting paranoid and have weapons ready. I can use my snap on torque wrench to beat someone. Yes, i do have a snap on torque wrench..haha.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
lmao..sorry, i was just being sarcastic. I don't actually have an AK..lol. I was just making a point that i'm getting paranoid and have weapons ready. I can use my snap on torque wrench to beat someone. Yes, i do have a snap on torque wrench..haha.
Ah. I was hoping you had an AK or multiple AK and AR variants at the ready. Bad thing is you will be limited to the torque wrench while the bad guys will probably have guns... with "high capacity" magazines.
Sponsored