Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light?

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light? ima
I Saw this on Facebook... I'm liking it and wondering where I can buy it. Anyone know?
Sponsored

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
could it be rear uk fog light

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw this thread, thought it was a cool idea, and did some research. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted more of an undercarriage glow instead of an actual 4th brake light. This is what I ended up with :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light? IMG_20160516_201151

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light? IMG_20160516_204634

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Details and more pictures please???!

I saw this thread, thought it was a cool idea, and did some research. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted more of an undercarriage glow instead of an actual 4th brake light. This is what I ended up with :D

IMG_20160516_201151.jpg

IMG_20160516_204634.jpg

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Details and more pictures please???!
I had an extra strip of red side shine LED, so I wired it up to the brake light circuit. If you look at the pictures below, I basically secured the strip right behind the black bumper thing so the LEDs shine down towards the ground. You can snake the wire up to the trunk area by peeling back the weatherstrip. Inside the trunk, release the clips holding the cloth panels in place and pull back the panels to reveal the wiring to the brake light assembly. The wire colors are different on the driver's side vs the passenger's side. Since I wired mine to the passenger side brake light, I tapped the positive LED wire into the thicker gray wire (there are 2 gray wires to the tail light assembly, you want the thicker one). I grounded the negative LED wire to the chassis, but I'm sure you can also use any of the black wires coming from the tail light.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light? IMG_20160517_172258

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know where to buy this 4th brake light? IMG_20160517_172334

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I'm doing this this morning

I had an extra strip of red side shine LED, so I wired it up to the brake light circuit. If you look at the pictures below, I basically secured the strip right behind the black bumper thing so the LEDs shine down towards the ground. You can snake the wire up to the trunk area by peeling back the weatherstrip. Inside the trunk, release the clips holding the cloth panels in place and pull back the panels to reveal the wiring to the brake light assembly. The wire colors are different on the driver's side vs the passenger's side. Since I wired mine to the passenger side brake light, I tapped the positive LED wire into the thicker gray wire (there are 2 gray wires to the tail light assembly, you want the thicker one). I grounded the negative LED wire to the chassis, but I'm sure you can also use any of the black wires coming from the tail light.

IMG_20160517_172258.jpg

IMG_20160517_172334.jpg

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Will do.

Question, do you have any idea about how many led's were on the strip you used?

I mistakenly bought the wrong strip this morning and didn't realize til After I left the store. Says they can be use interior/exterior, and I just don't feel like it will be bright enough. About 20-40 led's but they're tiny leds

Post pics of finished product!

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will do.

Question, do you have any idea about how many led's were on the strip you used?

I mistakenly bought the wrong strip this morning and didn't realize til After I left the store. Says they can be use interior/exterior, and I just don't feel like it will be bright enough. About 20-40 led's but they're tiny leds

I think 24 LEDs? Different strips have different brightness, so you might have to experiment with different strips. Or you can always add another strip of LEDs. I think mine is a bit dim as well, and I plan on adding a second strip too.

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
So...that was my 16 and now I’ve got an 18 civic.

My leds are coming in today. This time I bought a red and a white strip of leds so I can light up the ground when I reverse as well.

Back in 16 I remember seeing a nice strip that had both reverse and brake in one strip but these days I can only find 40”+ truck tail strips.
Sponsored