Anyone have this issue with the CTR clutch ?

1. CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    #1 CWCTR2018, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  2. RedGiant217

RedGiant217 Senior Member

Engineer
    First Name:
    Joel
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda Accord
    Ok...I get that you want to find the answer quickly, but it doesn't seem appropriate to create a new thread just to link to another thread that talks about the issue you want to resolve.

3. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    well the video is here, im not the only one so lets address the present post and not the past.

If you do not want to participate then you should not be posting on here. I do not need meaningless posts that have nothing to contribute to the subject at hand

4. RedGiant217

RedGiant217 Senior Member

Engineer
    First Name:
    Joel
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda Accord
    I stand by what I said. This thread is an intentionally misscategorized duplicate and I believe it is an inappropriate use if the forum. I have already posted what I believe to be a valid/helpful question in the thread you linked so please do not imply that I do not want to participate.

@Administrator please consider moving or deleting this duplicate thread.

5. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    #5 CWCTR2018, Feb 14, 2019 at 2:10 AM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    ok

6. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    #6 CWCTR2018, Feb 14, 2019 at 2:27 AM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    Either way this thread should not be ignored , there is something that needs to be explained in the video that a civic CTR owner has posted in another forum which now MY CTR has the same symtoms and sound as the owners car in the video posted in the SI forum on civics.com , Also I would like to bring up that my car is using Hondata with no ther mods. It makes me now wonder if Hondata is to blame for my clutch noise as experienced in the video along with other owners in the SI forum.
    This needs to be addressed in this thread! 3900miles on the odo on my car, my car was never abused except shifting at redline . Never tracked . This is not a gear crunch , in fact I never had one in my car.

7. Driveitlikeuboughtit

Driveitlikeuboughtit Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CW CTR
    I don't know what I'm supposed to hear. Looks like someone doing pulls way past highway speed - I take it you can't replicate going slower?

8. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    nope

if you listen closely when he shifts the cars clutch is making a buzzing noise about .5 sec during the shift at 5k

9. ShaRm3064

ShaRm3064 Member

First Name:
    Sharmilan
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
    Mines does the same at the same RPM....usually at higher speeds. WOnder what the fix is.

10. FifStreet

FifStreet Senior Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    '18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
    You sure its coming from the clutch? There's been a number of complaints about interior buzzes and rattles that have to do with trim pieces.

11. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    i am pretty sure it is not the interior trim pieces. Some people have already replaced the turbo actuator rod whatever that is and location, replaced some sort of bent clutch pitch fork etc. I hope my e30 tune is not messing with the car. Mine only does it really bad at 5k-5500rpm, at 6k or 7k it is quiet.
    People have reported putting insulation somewhere near the transmission. I am quite confused why a race track car would be doing this right now..

Also has anyone brought up transmission issues for the 2019s? I have a suspicion and has been known that fixes occur unbeknownst to the consumer during a new model year. I can name one i.e. rev match harness, been reported someone said more insulation was added for the 2019

also does anyone have a list of the CTR TSBs?

btw i forgot to mention i did reset my car back to stock and still does the noise. It almost sounds like something is not meshing together correctly during the clutch engagement hence the buzzing , vibration , abnormal sound.

12. .grimace

.grimace Senior Member

First Name:
    Byron
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2016 Cayenne GTS
    So because a civic si and now your CTR do it they must be related? Different engine, flywheel, clutch, etc etc.

Random question, are you one of the people who bought this as your first manual car?

13. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    sorry i made a mistake the guy in the video owns a CTR , its a CTR issue

no i have driven a manual since 1997. Owned a Honda accord 6 speed for 15 years never had a clutch issue in that car, sold it

14. haojohn

haojohn Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Type R PMM
    Mine 2018 CTR has the same issue. It seems to be from clutch because when the buzzing noise occurs, I can feel vibration on the clutch pedal. This only occurs when depressing clutch pedal at 5000 RPM. No vibration can be felt or heard if I am not depressing clutch pedal at 5000 rpm.

15. OP
    CWCTR2018

CWCTR2018 Senior Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    CTR
    are you running hondata?

I think this issue needs to be addressed as a warranty recall . For all we know the clutch is messed up from the factory.

When i am past 5500rpms it does not do it for me , i am wondering if the blow off valve has something to do with it. idk i am scared to keep this car or take it to a dealer since they love to weasel their way out of major warranty work